AHRMA - Gainsville

Started by peter kane, March 06, 2005, 09:04:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bentrims

Last year the track was really fun. Twisted through the woods with 2-3 sand berms per corner. Entry braking bumps and exit whoops that grew larger as the day went on. REAL MX

I am looking forward to another fun moto battle with Donnie Cantaloupi. Hope to see you guys there.
Tom B

bentrims

You better be there Firsturn or my 6 Days will have a for sale sign for a front number plate in the final moto.[B)]

Lew Mayer

That must be Smokin' Benolkin! You lapped me so fast I thought you must have cut the course.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

firstturn

I would put off my own funeral to attend this race....sound familiar?

PS: Are you going to run the stock number plates or the modified ones?[:o)]

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

bentrims

Lew,

What a great weekend we had. I wish we had more time to visit at the races. For your very first MX you were cooking just fine;)

If you are at Diamonds we will hold Carbaugh down until he coughs up that money he owes you.
TB

peter kane

Man!  Some folks just get to have all the fun - while others shoveled snow - geeesh!  I'm with you Lew on wanting to put faces with names - I'm psyched that I'll be able to attend Vintage Days in July and meet a lot of folks, and who knows, maybe by then I'll have shiny Metallic Jade Green Six-Days in tow!

Peter Kane
V3442
Plainville, Massachusetts
[email protected]
Peter Kane
1970 Six Day
[email protected]

bentrims

I hear ya Peter, we got another 2 inches of snow last night. Best part about the AHRMA races is that it gets you moving out of the snow once a month. At 2$ a gallon ya go broke doing it.
TB

bentrims

PS - I cant wait to see your bike. Will it be a racer or a show stopper?

tlanders

I am planning on going. The ribs are doing great, rode a few hours last Sunday afternoon. See you there.

Teddy

bentrims

Sounds great Teddy! I think about your advice daily..winning races comes 2nd from here on.
TB

peter kane

How about a show stopper racer with some busted up dude dangling from the handlebars like a flag in high winds! I guess that would be me.[B)]:D

Peter Kane
V3442
[email protected]
Peter Kane
1970 Six Day
[email protected]

bentrims

Cant wait to see that. Mid O is said to have real mx this year. Keep going on that bike man.TB

bentrims

32mm forks did not like being tested on double jump in Gainesville. Noticed they look like 32mm bananas sprouting out of the tri clamps.

A Montesa friend said to turn them 180 degrees each week. Hmmm adjustable wheelbase.

Time to bring the tubes to machinist friend
Tom B

wildman

I must add my congratulations to Tom (bentrims) Benolkin for his wins at Gainesville. My wife and I watched with awe from the grandstands.
We met Tom in the pits and talked for a few minutes so we knew his bike. We saw  him pull off while leading a moto and ride back to the pits, bike still running and we wondered what was the problem.
As the staging for the final 125 expert class was lined up, the announcer mentioned Tom was entered but was not on the starting line. Bummer! The one minute sign was up and ready to turn when suddenly!!!!!
Flying out of the pits onto the track close to half way back comes Tom. The gate drops and the field is off.
I have never seen someone ride an old Penton like that, launching off doubles like no one else in the class. I saw a little tangle at the top of the big dropoff but in five laps he came from half lap down to pass and win his moto. Wife and I were screaming, people were looking at us, What A Race!! That little Penton 125 was SMOKING the Hondas and everything else. Super ride Tom and thanks for the show. Dan Pagel

1975 250 Cross Country, 1974 175 Jackpiner, 1975 125
1975 250 Cross Country, 1974 175 Jackpiner, 1975 125

tlanders

Tom,

Put the 35mm Cerianis on it!!!! I rebuilt mine last night with new bronze bushings, seals and Seal Savers. What a difference the new bushings made.

Teddy