AHRMA - Gainsville

Started by peter kane, March 06, 2005, 09:04:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peter kane

Does anybody have any news on what's been going on in Gainsville the past few days?

Peter Kane
V3442
Plainville, Massachusetts
[email protected]
Peter Kane
1970 Six Day
Plainville, Massachusetts
[email protected]

firstturn

Peter,
  The only report that I have so far is that Lew Mayer won his Trials  and Cross Country Class[^].  After dragging the results out of him he said that no one else showed up;).  If you believe that scenario I have some land to sell you in West Texas that is reported to be ocean front.
  Got to go to work...more later tonight.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

john durrill

Peter,
 I was able to get a few pictures today of 39w and 33b and 22g ( Tom and Lew and John).
My son may have a few more we can post later. We had my grandson and at 4 years today his staying power is not quite up to a full day in the sun and racket of MX bikes , chuckle chuckle.
Here is a short cut to 3 pictures. If I put the name with the # right 33w was 300 yards ahead of 2nd in the first moto and won the 2nd moto also. Lew was fighting off a Hodie 125 for several laps and John was racing when we had to leave.
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sachs175/my_photos
You should be able to save to pictures to your computer and get a big enough Pic on you screen to see whats going on.
John D.

firstturn

More News............Lew Mayer won third overall in IronMan Competion.  He won third place on Sunday in his first Moto X race ever.  Combined with his win in Trials and Cross Country Lew had a dream weekend.  He is now on his way to Daytona.
Tom Benolkin continues to carry the Penton Banner to First Place in the (I think) Post Vintage which puts him against the newer bikes and then on Sunday he won overall in the classic race and this is against the Honda Elsinores.
Thanks Lew and Tom for the excellent racing.  GREAT  JOB.

This is the latest information I have[8D].

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

john durrill

Thanks Ron,
 We added 3 more pictures , wish we could have stayed longer and taken more. Tom was really smoking in the Iron man. We could not tell how well Lew was doing because of the different classes running at the same time.
John & Peter D.

firstturn

John,
  Thanks for the pictures.  Just remember it won't be long that the Grandson will out last you.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Merlin

.............seems like I saw a Penton DOMINATE the 500 Sportsman Expert class,the rider:Travis Blackburn,the bike supplied by Peter Villacaro...............they also did the same in the 250 Sportsman Expert with a Spanish bike.....................
Quote: Thomas Jefferson, We are all born ignorant, some work to remain that way.
 Quote:Peter Villacaro, \\"it is impossible to teach those that wish not to be taught\\".

imported_n/a

Just want to add to the new, as I'm new to POG, that I had the pleasure of meeting Lew Meyer in between his motos in the MX race. His 125 was pullin' up those steep inclines out of rock quarry like a champ! Was also watching in amazement at Tom Benolkins Six Day. He was screaming around that track leaving everyone in his roost!! Great day, great weather, fine people, fantastic sport! What else can I say!!

critter from Orlando

OUCWBOY

Gotta Get Peter off that Ossa!!!!! AND on to a PENTON!!!!!

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

Merlin

......the "other" make looked like Montesa's...........
Quote: Thomas Jefferson, We are all born ignorant, some work to remain that way.
 Quote:Peter Villacaro, \\"it is impossible to teach those that wish not to be taught\\".

OUCWBOY

Oh, Pete has been seen many times on an Ossa and a Maico too!!!

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

Mick Milakovic

Tom was defintely "Smokin"!  He was clearing doubles on his 125 that most big-bore riders didn't attempt (including me!)

Lew - it was great sharing dinner with you on Friday night; congratulations on your weekend and thanks for the help with my bike!

Mick

Lew Mayer

Mick, glad to help! Excellent banquet, great to put more faces with names down there. Wish the warm weather would've followed me home. Wish I could have met Tom Benolkin. I talked to him at the line but couldn't find where he parked after the race. Man, he can make that Six-Day fly! John, I bet you could use slow-speed film on me.[:o)] Good meeting ya'll.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

bentrims

Everyone thats going to Diamond Don's Jefferson, Texas shout one out[:p]

firstturn

May I have permission to attend?[:p]

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh