Thank You

Started by cubfan1968, March 12, 2005, 04:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cubfan1968

I purchased my Penton last Labor Day weekend off ebay. When I got it home it was truly a project. A non runner that was rough around the edges. I've spent this winter working in my cold garage getting it back into shape. For the 1st time since I bought it, I had my 6 Day out trail riding today. Up until today the only time I had it out was a sneak ride thru the neighborhood. Hard to get past 2nd gear in my "hood". It ran great! Needs a little fine tuning on the bottom end, but it was fast.

Back to the point of the post. Just wanted to thank all those who responded to my crys for help, sold me anything or just took the time to help some other poor soul so I could piggyback their post. Thanks all for everything, couldn't of did it without ya.  :)

Rod Whitman
Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)

firstturn

Rod,
  Thanks for taking the time to save another Penton.  It is people like you that make POG what it is and help us (POG) complete part of our Mission Statement.  I personally liked the person you bought the bike from....Travis.  This young man worked and worked on that bike with only the skills that he picked up around the Family Farm.  Now it is your turn to share with others on how to work on Pentons.[8D]

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

cubfan1968

Thanks Ron, I'm still in the learning mode when it comes to these things. I'm still light years behind some of you guys when it comes to Penton knowledge. So if you see a 6'3" bald guy with his mouth shut and both ears open at Mid-Ohio that would be me.

As for Travis, he has got back to me a couple of times since I bought the bike. You're right the only thing that stopped that young man was lack of fund$. I'm just very lucky to have found this bike and purchased it from a guy who was honest enough to tell me what was all wrong with it.

Rod Whitman
Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)

firstturn

Rod,
  We are all learning and people like you only enhance the membership of POG.  I hope to make it to Mid-Ohio and have the oppportunity to meet you.[^]

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh