Highway patrol likes Penton owners

Started by Gavin Housh, March 23, 2005, 08:13:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gavin Housh

Today I made the mistake of turning left from a oneway onto a oneway on a red left arrow. As I made my turn I noticed a Highway Patrol car to my right. He turned the lights on and pulled me over. He walked over to the right window and as I rolled it down he asked me for my license and registration. He then told me that what I had done was illegal. I explained that I thought it was OK to turn left on a red from a oneway to a oneway. He replied that it was at a stop sign or red light but not when there is a red arrow. Once he saw that all my legal stuff was good he asked " what are those forks off of?" I had a pair of 35mm forks on the front seat. I replied "A 1974 Penton Jackpine 175" and he said "I havn't seen one of those since, hmmm-1974". After he asked me a lot of questions about the old bikes and what I do with them he just let me go. Seems that owning a Penton has many other advantages besides blowing the doors off your buddies CZ or Puch:D. G man.

Rocket

Gavin
After reading this, I ran out to my truck and threw some old M/C parts on the front seat, never know when you may need them!!
Rocket

peter kane

How about slapping that Penton Owners Group decal in the back window.  That ought to be worth a, "I see you're a member of the Penton Owners Group ...okay, I'll let you go with just a warning this time."  

Well, in a perfect world this may work - not in Plainville![^]

Peter Kane
V3442
Plainville, Massachusetts
[email protected]
Peter Kane
1970 Six Day
[email protected]

tmc3c

The sticker doesn't work in S.C.!!! I can tell you this first hand.[:p]

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

OUCWBOY

Thomas,
Down there you need a NASCAR decal!!! LOL OR a "git r done" decal!

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

Rocket

Gavin
After reading this, I ran out to my truck and threw some old M/C parts on the front seat, never know when you may need them!!
Rocket

peter kane

How about slapping that Penton Owners Group decal in the back window.  That ought to be worth a, "I see you're a member of the Penton Owners Group ...okay, I'll let you go with just a warning this time."  

Well, in a perfect world this may work - not in Plainville![^]

Peter Kane
V3442
[email protected]
Peter Kane
1970 Six Day
[email protected]

tmc3c

The sticker doesn't work in S.C.!!! I can tell you this first hand.[:p]

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

OUCWBOY

Thomas,
Down there you need a NASCAR decal!!! LOL OR a "git r done" decal!

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR