Lathe & Milling machine in MA

Started by peter kane, March 24, 2005, 10:50:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peter kane

A couple of nice pieces for those who may want to do some of their own machine work.

http://www.postdiluvian.org/~mason/stuff/

Peter Kane
V3442
Plainville, Massachusetts
[email protected]
Peter Kane
1970 Six Day
[email protected]

firstturn

Peter,
  Thanks for posting these tools.  If someone was going to his own work a SouthBend with a quick Change gear box is just such a nice lathe.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

peter kane

Both of these machines are gems and have been used exclusively for the fabrication of motorcycle and go-kart parts for the past 10 years or so.  Yes, the quick change gear-box and it's size make this a really desirable machine.  I believe he has a box with over 80 gear cutters that he may be willing to throw in with the Hardinge.

Peter Kane
V3442
[email protected]
Peter Kane
1970 Six Day
[email protected]

firstturn

Peter,
  Thanks for posting these tools.  If someone was going to his own work a SouthBend with a quick Change gear box is just such a nice lathe.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

peter kane

Both of these machines are gems and have been used exclusively for the fabrication of motorcycle and go-kart parts for the past 10 years or so.  Yes, the quick change gear-box and it's size make this a really desirable machine.  I believe he has a box with over 80 gear cutters that he may be willing to throw in with the Hardinge.

Peter Kane
V3442
[email protected]
Peter Kane
1970 Six Day
[email protected]

Rain Man

hardinge lathe !! hoo hoo hoo as Tim the tool man would say,
maybe its time to trade in my Anvil and fire box... naa, I aint worn out the bellows and hammer yet !!

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons