sixday frame numbers

Started by tomale, March 29, 2005, 01:50:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomale

I was just looking at the list of frame numbers And am I right in thinking that the bike I have is one of the very last 72 sixdays built? my frame number is 212-60620
I can not find the motor number. It must be on the right side cover that I do not have. But the front mounting bolt is a 10mm So if I am reading this stuff right it means I should have a 6b motor... Is that right?

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
78' 400 MC5
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

OUCWBOY

Hi Thom,
With that frame number I would say that you really have a 73 year model, that was built in Dec 72. Sometime around Sept or Oct is when the NEW year models were made.

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

Paul Danik

Thom,
   If the front motor bolt is 10mm your frame is correct for a 6B motor. I am sure that a few frames have had their front mounting holes enlarged over the years to allow a "B" engine to be installed where an "A" engine was stock. The article that Ted Penton wrote explained how the frame mounting holes should always be filed larger and never drilled larger.  I think I will see if Alan Buehner will reprint Ted's column in the next newsletter. The next POG newsletter should also contain the next POG produced historicly significant postcard, so now is a good time to join the POG if you haven't already done so, lots of goodies coming that next newsletter:D

We hope to find the earliest and latest frame number for each month of production and with that information determine monthy, weekly and daily production figures. For us number guys when we find consecutive frame numbers being built in different months it will be a significant find!  So please keep all of the frame numbers coming, even off of that twisted rusty frame in the junk heap for that one frame number may contain an important piece of information.

Please send any CMF frame numbers that you have to Bill Smith @ [email protected]  and also please keep filing out those Steel Tanker questionairs as we hope to leave some good information for future generations of POGGERS.
Thanks
Paul