York Swap Meet

Started by Bob Gilman, April 01, 2005, 08:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Gilman

Don't forget, Sunday April 3rd the Vintage Swap-Meet at the York County Fairgrounds in York, PA. Formally, Will Stoner Swap-Meet.    See You There.    Bob Gilman

John Ehrhart

Does that mean some Penton people will be there with some goodies?
The last one was worthless.

1969 Husqvarna 400 Cross
1974 Monark
1975 Jackpiner
1978 GS6 400
1981 250 MX
\\"If life were fair, Elvis would be alive and all the impersonators would be dead.\\"
--Johnny Carson

DKWRACER

J.E. would have a 78 GS 6 400, this brings interest to mind...
(hidden in Denver) (sleepers out there) Tell us of "that machine" and the 81 MX as well...Tom.........
Thomas Brosius

Paul Danik

I talked to Alan Buehner today and he is taking his Penton parts roadshow to York this weekend. He doesn't go to the earlier one as he hates to travel over the mountains on the PA turnpike in the blizzard conditions that always seem to occur at that time.
Paul

tofriedel

John,

I would not identify the last Swap meet as worthless.  Maybe it was for Pentonites, but it was not a Penton Swap Meet.

The Potomac Vintage Riders (PVR) organization, non-profit by the way, put a lot of personal time and effort into these swap meets for the benefit of all motorcyclists.  They offer a benefit to most all-vintage enthusiasts by providing this outlet for us to trade, bargain, sell, or buy what others bring to the meet.

Give them your support and attend.  Without it, these meets will disappear.

I am not a member of PVR, but I support and am thankful for their efforts.

Tony
Tony

Lew Mayer

Tony,
I agree with you. If it wasn't for the great guys at PVR,this meet would have died when the AMA dropped it at the last minute last year. It is a good swap meet for vintage because it's not a "Harley" swap meet as so many are. Some times are better than others but that all depends on who shows up. It's always good for seeing old friends again. PVR deserves our support. They're a great club.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

Glenn Berry

If it was not for PVR we would not have a vintage swap meet in the area.You never know what will show up,and its a chance to see alot of people you only see at the races. I hope everyone in the area comes out and supports PVR's efforts.

Glenn Berry
Glenn Berry

Doug Wilford

Al may be driving in a Blizzard again.  The ground was pretty white and snowing this morning, up here in the coastal flat lands.    Good luck to all that attend.

Lew Mayer

Supposed to be 50's,chance of early showers,some sun windy.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

John Ehrhart

Tom,
Both were purchased new, the 400 while a student out in Arizona. It was used for Qualifiers (I didn't!) in California and Texas, enduros and I may have motocrossed it as well. What a great all-arounder, once I got the forks figured out and the jetting. The jetting. I had a friend who knew the Pentons well, and when Tom came to visit, he rode it and tried to help also. Anyway, it currently resides with my son who thinks he can ride off-road.
The 250, also a great hare scrambles bike, was purchased when I got a wild hair to be a motocrosser. I'm not, but it is great fun, and still fun to blow off far newer bikes. It is still on the original piston and rings as it sat for about 15 years.
The 400 is on the original piston and just the second set of rings, and it had all sorts of desert miles on it.

1969 Husqvarna 400 Cross
1974 Monark
1975 Jackpiner
1978 GS6 400
1981 250 MX
\\"If life were fair, Elvis would be alive and all the impersonators would be dead.\\"
--Johnny Carson

rcrump1

John;
I would like to see some pictures of your 400 or correspond with you off Forum. I have a 78 KTM 400 and am trying to determine if its a GS or MC. It has the rear fender loop and speedo drive but the side panels are of the two bolt kind, not three bolt. I would appreciate any insight as to other markers of your GS to look for. My e-mail is [email protected].
Thanks
Richard

John Ehrhart

Will try to send you a photo or two.
--Johnny Carson