Welcome Back

Started by Admin, November 02, 2005, 09:42:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

As many of you may or may not know, a week ago Saturday, the server hard drive and the mirrored hard drive that handled our website crashed. [xx(]

We found out this past Friday that the data could not be recovered so we are starting to rebuild the website from our backup copy.  At this time, you will notice that most of the navigation buttons do not work.   As the days progress, more and more functionality will be added back to the website.

We know how important the message board is to the Penton Owner's Group, so we wanted to get that up and running first. :D

Some of you may have to re-register on the message board.  If you login and you receive a message "Your username and/or password were incorrect.  Please either try again or register for an account", that means you need to re-register. Please email [email protected] if you need assistance.

This has been a frustrating learning experience but we must move on. We are sorry for the inconveniences of the website being down so long, and we thank you for your patience and understanding.

Karen & Bill

hanksie

A BIG welcome back to YOU folks!I was starting to have serious withdrawal pains.Thanks for getting the best site out there back on the road. Bill

Paul Danik

This past weeks website event reminds me of a situation that pretained to the Motoplat ignition system many years ago. Not long after the Motoplat ignitions started to come as standard equipment on the Penton motorcycles a technical glich started to raise it's ugly head and ignitions started to fail.  I am sure that it was no fun at that time to have been on the inside of that problem, but the folks at Penton burned the midnight oil and worked through the problem with the dealers and the riders. From what I remember the Motoplat factory had increased production at the cost of quality control, I am sure that Dane can give a more accurate anaylsis of that problem, but the bottom line is that everyone at Penton pulled together during that time to keep the ship afloat.

During the past week or so while the website was down, due to another technical glitch, the folks behind the website, Bill, Karen and also Scott who's equipment failed were all under extreme pressure, not from us POGGERS, but from themselves as they take great pride in this website, just as John Penton and the folks at Penton had great pride in their motorcycle.  It may take a little time to get everything back to normal but I can assure you that we are taking steps to try to prevent such problems from occuring in the future.

Thanks Bill, Karen and Scott for your efforts.  And thanks to you POGGERS for being so understanding, at least you were sitting in your chair when this problem occured, not stuck 67.5 miles into an enduro with no ignition like in the Motoplat situation:D
Paul

wfopete

Finally! I can breathe again!

Pete Petrick

'01 KTM EXC 520, '74 YZ 250, '86 Honda XR 250, '71 Hodaka 100, '74 SUZUKI TM 400, '73 Penton Jackpiner
Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good

Jeff D

SO glad the POG site is back in service again.  Even though I am Penton-less at this point, the Penton website and the Vinduro website are my favorites.  Missed the great stories and advice, especially from Dane and Paul.  Good luck resurrecting the rest of the site.  It's the best of the best.

Jeff DeBell
Jeff DeBell

Steve Minor

Working with computers all day...every day gives me a great appreciation of both their wonderment and the frustrations they cause...hats off to the administrator(s). They do great work!

Steve
Steve Minor

behindbars

You don't know how much you will miss something till it's gone. Being new to Pentons, it sure is nice to have a site like this to turn to with all my "newbie" questions.[:o)] Thanks for all your efforts! You folks are great teachers.
James Jorgensen
Red Bud, Michigan
74 1/2 Mint Enduro
74 1/2 Mint MX
74 Scrambler 250

DKWRACER

Paul, thanks for the comparison story on the motoplat...As an assistant admin to a large data center, we have come to expect component failure. Our level of mission critical services requires a carefull approach to our backup based on what the customer requires....In all cases, we cannot predict component failure. We do however enjoy a hefty budjet and make every use of it...Our servers employ Raid 0 to 5 on SCSI controllers, SCSI tape drives are spread throughout the farm, and "father/grandfather" tape schema with off-site storage maintained....If we loose a server, hot spares are in the loop and kept running 24x7.....Keep up the good work, and realize
there are others that appreciate what happens....Tom Brosius
Thomas Brosius

rfpotter

Thanks to everyone for all of their hard work in rebuilding the website. I did not realize how much I enjoyed my daily visit to POGland until it went away. As a newbie looking forward to my winter six day project, I cannot tell everyone just how much knowledge and camaraderie this site holds.

Patrick Houston

swamp fox

Amen!!
Thanks to all who have worked so hard for us. I can't go a day without visiting and reading up on all the info you guys and gals have provided and experienced.

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
04 BMW K 1200 GT - KIA in N. Ga. - 32987 smiles
08 BMW K 1200 S
17 Ktm 300 Six Day (50th Aniversary) ;)

lksseven

It was cold out there all alone.   Yippeee !!!  [8D]

Larry Seale
I choose to ride
Larry Seale
I choose to ride...slower and slower all the time

cubfan1968

Welcome back. Life is good!!! :D

Rod Whitman
Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)

tlanders

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, etc.

Teddy

tmc3c

Thanks to all who busted it to bring this site back up!!! I was in dts but i will be ok now.:D

Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Frosty

Glad to see your up and running.Just got my new (to me) 74 250 Harescrambler home and the site I like to check out for info was down for repairs.A big Thanks goes out to the people that got it going again.I was going through withdrawls.Best wishes,Frosty