Oh__my__gosh!___We found the mother lode !

Started by rob w, November 08, 2005, 11:36:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob w

http://six-days.org/pages/archivio_it/archit/it_a/ktm_it/ktm_ph/01.html

I've got it directed to pic #1, click the arrow on the right to progress to another picture. I've gotten up to 60-something and there's still more, but I'll have to play with it later when I have more time.

Of interest (to me)

#13 starts our Steel Tank era, they call the '68's series I, '69 Series II, and so on.
#16 is an awesome picture of Tom Penton that I've never seen before.

whoa, I'm still shaking, how cool!

Steve Minor

Bob...you're the Master!
Where do you find this stuff?
These pics are great!
Steve Minor

TGTech

Bob,

There's a WHOLE lot of memories there. I had no idea that there were 50's and 80's so far into the years. I'd love to have one of those 70's versions.

Dane

tmc3c

#58 does it for me!!! Can you guess why?:DGREAT FIND!!!

Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

DKWRACER

Dear Robo B-Rob, echo's in those pictures, tell stories of men and their machines. I was particularly interested in the GS series. Once, not long ago, a friend of our's sent me a badly broken up GS headlight nacelle, it became a dream to reproduce. The Tiscali website also has stories in the same respects. Where on "Earth" did you find these pictures? you have done way more!!!!
Tom Brosius
Thomas Brosius

Frosty

Amazing,Thanks for posting it.Way to go rob w.You made my day,Frosty

DKWRACER

Il rob caro Wardlow, ringraziamenti per i vostri sforzi duraturi, il gruppo dei proprietari di Penton e me, รจ elogiativo dei vostri sforzi. Tom Brosius
Thomas Brosius

Mike OReilly

Bob:
You still haven't answered the original question: where do you find this kind of thing? And who is it that is putting it together. Great stuff.
Mike
BTW: Get back to me separately when you get a chance. You mentioned what a great time you had at the Pine Cone last year. On that basis, I was thinking about including it in my plans for this year. Let me know what kind of a ride it was, and the attraction. Get back to me at "[email protected]"
Thanks,
Mike

Paul Danik

Rob,

Great job finding and posting these wonderful pictures. You sure are an awesome web-surfer!  

Paul

Gary Roach

These photos and more can be found on the six-days.org website:

http://www.six-days.org/pages/en/en_main.html

Click on "archive", and that will open up a window with a map of Europe. Click on a country (example, "A" for "Austria"), and then another window will open with marquees (ex. "KTM and PUCH"). Click on a marquee, and that will get you to photos and information on that marquee....but all of the info is in a foreign language (maybe Italian?). If you click on the tiny little motorcycle, it will take you to all of the pictures of that marquee. Click on the yellow arrows on the bottom to scroll through them.

They also have some really cool screensavers that you can download to your computer. Go to "news", then to "the six-days screensavers". There is a choice of 4 different ones.

Gary    

rob w

How did I find it?...

I just typed in Arnaldo Farioli, went through about 3 sites, found Six-Days.org, clicked something a couple times, and.....whamm-o here we are.

Dane,
I know, those 50's and 80's are super cool. I love the ones there from the mid-70's, and there's some others from the 1980's I've never known about.
New Mission: find one of those engines and transplant it into a '74 CMF Penton.
Should'nt be all that difficult to find the engine, it may have to come from over there, but I know it can be found.

Mike, You must have read my mind, I've been thinking I should start a campain for the coming year and tell all interested about the Pine Cone Enduro here in Michigan. I can't say enough about it, it's a great ride, fun and challenging, vintage friendly, 50 miles long with a 12 mph average. You can compete in the "Vintage Class" or just ride for fun, and you can either ride or hang out the next day for the Jackpine. Excellent, historic atmosphere. Even though my bike did'nt run well, it was maybe the best day I had riding in '05, I just want to share it with more people. There is'nt enough good rides like this left to be found, and I want to erge more riders to come discover it for themselves.

Thanks,
Bob  

Tennessee Vol

Thanks so much for finding the cool picts Bob they are great!

#103 1989 250 EXC

#105 1991 300 EXC

Was in my era,it is hard to find pics of them I had both of them brand new.I am glad they did not stick with the 1991-92 mint green![:0]The 1989 was AWSOME!!I would kill to have another new one!![}:)]

Thanks for bringing back the memories.

Bobby Stults
Bobby Stults

TGTech

Bob:

If you find a Sachs 50 engine to try and put it in a CMF frame, are you going to go the whole route and try to lighten it up? You are certainly going to have to try and find narrower rims and tires for it, because I know that the 50 certainly won't spin the 4.00 rear tire. I know that the 50's that I remember, used to use 3.50 rear tires and either 2.50 or 2.75 front tires.

Dane

OUCWBOY

My 1969 Six Day, when new came with a 2.75 on the front and a 3.50 on the rear. I felt it was a great setup. I don't think a 50 could even handle a 3.50, but not sure if there is anything smaller.

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

TGTech

Donny,

All of the 50's and 75's I remember from my ISDT's, used 3.50 rears and 2.50 or 2.75 fronts.

Dane