Wanted 74 Harescrambler kicker parts

Started by idiotboy, November 10, 2005, 02:46:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idiotboy

Hi guys I'm the proud owner of most of a 1974 250.I'm sure this will be the first of many requests for parts,info or advice.What I am in need of is the kickstart gear, and first gear on the output shaft that mates with the kicker gear.The good news is the rest of this motor is in beautiful shape.Good compression ,standard 71mm bore, nice fat blue spark etc.Anybody got a parts motor out there, or advice on where to look for these parts ? I would consider buying a motor or bottom end if somebody has a spare.Thanks

VICTOR MONZ

I've got a 74 250 motor avaialble, as well as, quite a few 74 250 parts.

[email protected]

Big Mac

Idiot, (couldn't resist) I should have what you need. Kicker gear should be part #55.33.022.000 and gear it mates to should be 2nd gear #54.33.006.000? Looks like it anyway per my book. Let me know if it's something different you need, I have a couple lower end parts motors. $10 for shipping should cover it. Shoot me an address and I'll send a note to where you can cover me on shipping costs, if you like.

You will be indebted to some future KTM/Pentonite in need of free/cheap parts, as I've been helped out in the past from the group  (pay it forward). Mac   [email protected]
Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR

idiotboy

Thanks for the replys guys.Victor, if possible I'd rather not wreck a good engine for just a couple parts,but I will be needing more stuff as this project progresses so I'll keep in touch. Big Mac if you've got a bottom end you're willing to part with that would be great.If you've got one already apart I'd like the kicker gear and 1st gear from the countershaft [double gear furthest to the left].I don't have a part number list for this motor yet.I'd also like a better kicker shaft and shift shaft.I'll gladly pass along any parts I have to whoever needs something.I like that idea.My e-mail is down til like monday or tuesday,but it's [email protected]. My ground address is:
Joel Lombra, 11 harvey street, Springfield Ma. 01119.

Rain Man

Hey Joel, How far are you from Southwick 338 ??

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

idiotboy

Southwick is 2 towns over,20 or 30 minutes depending on traffic.