Hello Penton Owners Group!

Started by Scott Wallenberg, November 10, 2005, 06:54:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Wallenberg

Hello Penton Owners Group!
No I have never been a Penton rider but I sure had many battles with Penton riders during my time as a Monark rider. Anyway I just wanted to say Hi and thanks for any support you have given Racer X over the years. Feel free to e-mail me at [email protected] with any questions from back in the day or my Monark set-ups etc. I currently have 2 GS Pro Monarks. One has about 6 hours on it that is 99% original and I plan to keep it as a show only bike. The other that was featured in VMX is currently being re-restored as a runner.

Any midwest guys that rode with me at Elkhorn or Byron etc. Drop me a line too! Take care, Scott

tmc3c

Welcome Scott to POG.

Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Rocket

Scott
Welcome to the POG site.
I remember watching you at Byron on your Monark, you were awesome.  I have 2 Monarks in my collection, one is a 74 ISDT and the other one has a GS motor with a high pipe.  Not sure what it started out as.
Rocket

Paul Danik

Scott,
   It's great to have you onboard the POG website.  I don't know how long you have been with RacerX, but when Davey asked Ed Youngblood to do an article on John Penton back in 1999 he might have changed the course of moto history. Ed often has said that when he left the AMA he figured that part of his life was pretty much behind him , then in stepped Davey.

While Ed was interviewing John Penton he realized that a book about the life of John Penton was needed and he decided to write one, in doing the John Penton book Ed's creative energy took off like a GS Pro Monark trying to catch a Penton:D). I don't think Ed has ever slowed down from that point on and we are all much the better for that!

When Ed's article came out in the Aug/Sept 1999 issue I called Davey and asked if there was a way to get some copies of that issue to pass around to the POG board members at the next meeting, Davey asked for my address and a couple of days later an entire carton of that issue was delived to my door.

Again, great to hear from you and thanks also to Davey and RacerX for all that they have done.

Paul

firstturn

Scott,
  Thanks for taking the time to check out our Website.  Monarks have always held a facination for me since one of my best Friends was a Monark/Bultaco Dealer.  It was neat to see the weekly wars in the 125 Expert class between the Pentons and Monarks.
  I feel it was unfortunite that Monark just wasn't able to Dealership network that Penton and others were able to achieve.  I own a Monark 125 MX and enjoy when the Riders of past MX Wars of my era see it and bring up the Great Races of the past.
  I hope you check in with the Penton Owners Group site from time to time and update us on your Monark collection and races you attend.

Regards,

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh