Bike shipping

Started by john durrill, November 11, 2005, 04:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john durrill

Folks,
 A friend of mine has just bought off e-bay a vintage enduro motorcycle. The bike is in Overland Park Kansas , just out side KC Kansas. Who has used a shipper recently and can anyone recommend a business or person to deliver it to Dayton Beach Fla. So far The cost to ship bids he as received are in the $500 to $700 range.
Thanks for any and all help,
John D.

OUCWBOY

See if you can get your friend to get the bike crated. Remove handlebars and such to make the care as small as they can. Ship Via Forward Air. They use dimensional weight, so it's important to make the carte as short and narrow as can be. Even better if the wheels can be removed. Or try Cart Service, but the bike must be crated there also.

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

woodiejon

I used //WWW.haulbikes.com, from la. cal to jackson michigan for $425.00 no crates, their trailer was like a nascar rig. jon

jon flannery
jon flannery

imported_n/a

John, had a guy ship me my Six Day via Forward Air for approx. $250 from near Houston, TX to Orlando, FL. He grabbed an "open air" galvanized crate from the local bike shop for free. Bike arrived fine but was not protected in any way except for plastic wrap around the outside of the crate...to keep the dust off I guess! :) Not sure if the risk of damage was worth the low cost though?!? Easy pick up.

Chris H.