AHRMA Racers

Started by tmc3c, November 14, 2005, 08:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmc3c

Hey guys what kind of panels and front # plates are ya'll running?Plastic vs fiberglass?

Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Lew Mayer

Thomas, I run plastic front but fiberglass side panels. Go figure.[:o)] When you're racing, anything to hold a number.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

Chakka

I have fiberglass side covers on 2 of my bikes and they are way more durable and heavy duty. The molded gelcoat ones look nice and I thing the fiberglass holds paint better. Just my 2 cents

Chris

tlanders

Tom,

I use plastic all around. After a season of racing they look a little dingy but who cares, it's a race bike. I spent a lot of time making my first race bikes look beautiful when I got back into racing 5 years ago. I realized after a couple seasons that that was a terrible waste of money. I now concentrate on reliability and speed/handling items, the obvious. However, it's amazing after 5 years of playing with these wonderful machines how many things that everybody else knows and that I am just now finding/figuring out. I can't wait until next week, I will learn more!!!!

Teddy

chicagojerry

i have a couple of bikes with both fiberglass and plastic. if you race, use the plastic. if you want it to sit around and look pretty, use the fiberglass. on the left side 'glass plate when i kickstart the bike sometimes my foot will hit the # plate extension. i have already chipped the glass from that. i think the plastic gets a little dingier but is more durable.   just my thoughts
[8D]  chi jer

tmc3c

I started out making it look like it came from the factory and it did but now after riding it in the woods she don't look the same.Now I am wanting to race some AHRMA events and I need some plastic side covers.Where are they available? Al doesn't have them.

Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Dennis Jones

Thomas, I have had good luck with the plastic parts from Barry Higgins at H & H KTM. DC Plastics is also starting to offer plastic parts for Pentons. Their products are very popular with guys who ride other brands. I have not tried them for my self yet but plan to.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

Lew Mayer

The ones from Tom aka DKWRACER have held up fairly well. Side panels, that is.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

tmc3c

Thank You guys!!

Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

tlanders

Dave Boydstun at AMS has them. (480) 610-4574

chicagojerry

dc plastics in michigan has them too as does terry everett who is listed as a supplier on the pog site. i didn't know that AMS had plastic ones. good luck... chi jer  [8D]