Wanted: 30mm Lectron Power Jet

Started by Chakka, November 16, 2005, 05:39:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chakka

I need a 30mm Lectron Power Jet carburetor for my 125 KTM. Anybody have one they would like to part company with? Any leads would be apprieciated.

Chris

wolfmanonapenton

I Might have two off a triumph 650 that was set up for drag racing in the 70s,both in great shape I might be able to part with?I think their 32 0r34s so may work?If you change metering pins,You may have two cut more v shape notches in the brass bowl cups so foaming at high rpm will not cause foaming starvation problems,beings its going on small displacment bike?

wolfmanonapenton

Im sorry I forgot you want Power Jet type?Mine are old style!I think that new supplier Terry has some parts he's a distributar for Lectron carbs,AL has stuff for old style but not sure if he has powerjet stuff?Were talking about basically a word war 1 aviation carburator with an electronic fuel injector settable for high rpm boost where you need it?ilegal for ahrma rules!

terry

Hello Cris    
 I am an Lectron dealer. Contact me and I will try to help you if I can.   //www.pentonmotorcycles.com

Thanks
PENTON Motorcycles
Terry Everett/Ohio

Chakka

Thanks Wolfman,

Your right, I need a 30mm Power Jet...the old style won't work. Anybody ever test out a flat slide Mikuni to see if they perform like a Lectron?

Chris

wolfmanonapenton

Yes I have played with all types of carbs and a tmx mikuni are like a lectron with jets,so you don't have to worry about tiny allenheads being digested holding metering pin ,but if you red loctite it ,it wont move!Lectron is still the direction I would Go![:o)]Much easier to jet only need three pins versess jets mains,needles,pilots all add up in Brass?should I say Gold![B)]

john durrill

Chris,
 A 30 mm is hard to find. We had to order ours new from Fast By Gass.
wolfman all but the first ones come with a see through float bowl.
 Chris there are two kinds of  clear bowls. The older clear ones will go soft on you if the local gas has the wrong additives in it.
 Chris if you order a new Lectron  tell them you want the short Nozzle for the power jet. It works the best with the vintage engines. You can cut a long down to short if you have too. Somewhere we have the measurement for that.
   wolfman. The Lectrons  like we have are just vacuum opperated on the power jet. The nozzel sets in the top of the intake tract just behind the slide , air box side of the venturie. It only supplies fuel from  above 1/2 to full throttle ( the air flow through the venturi has to be high enough for fuel to be drawn in that circuit). It uses a Mikuni Idle jet as the metering orafice.
  Would you go over the ones you worked with that were set up for electonic fuel injection. It would be neet to hear about how that works. I'm still learning Lectron carbs. We have 2 . One on a KTM Piner and one on my Sachs / KTM 175 and i still dont understand all we know abount them . chuckle chuckle!!!
John & Peter D.