125 and 250 on E-Bay

Started by OUCWBOY, July 21, 2001, 02:36:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OUCWBOY

There are two Pentons listed on E-Bay the 125 is listed as a 69, but it isn't.  I have bid on both.  I really need them to complete my stable.

Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

gooey

a couple nice bikes,,, he's wrong about the year of the 250 as well I see ... the glass tank 125, he could be right,,, hard to tell by looking ...... wasnt there a long a winded thread aboutthat very same 250 a long time ago when it was on e bay bfore ??? seems like it brought over a grand that time if memory serves me correctly .... looks like a nice bike ... remember the broken fins/ enhanced photo thread ???  He even went on to say that he was including a spare cylinder .... I think it was in Il. or something then ......

I would also like 73 or 4 250 ,and this one isnt,,, and when I find it I  need it at a bargain price if I do it right now,,, so Im kinda waiting

gooey

doesnt appear to be the same bike after all,, wouldnt really matter if it were ... just kinda interesting to me to watch these things ...

if it WERE the same bike,, the original seller defended its running condition as does this fellow,,, so I would assume its a darned good runner ... and condition speaks well for itself in my opinion .... ( remember, Im the guy that wont own em unless I own 'em to RIDE .... so, show quality really excites me,,, just not MY cup o' tea ... a bike like this is more interesting to me)

for reference,, heres the thread I mentioned

http://www.pentonusa.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=122&FORUM_ID=3&CAT_ID=1&Topic_Title=250+on+ebay&Forum_Title=Wanted+%2F+For+Sale

jj

Scott sent me the serial numbers. 54 41280057 (frame) / 54 30003010 (motor) for the 250 and V3353 for the steel tanker.

John Slivka

John J Slivka

OUCWBOY

John, if I'm correct the 125 is a 70' and the 250 is a 75', except I don't understand the serial number of the 250 engine. Any help guys?
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

gooey

that is the same 250 .... I think its a good thing that TWO owners rate it as a good running rider/ racer .... hmmmmmm ....   i really have no need for another PV bike,,, but i think that would be a good one ....

Larry had some VIN # deciphering on the previous post .... dunno if it will help unfold the answers to your questions

Kip Kern

You are correct, the 125 is a 70 model, and the 250 is a 74 model built in December of that year!

Rocket

If I remember correctly, the 250 that was on e-bay a few months ago with all of the comments was an orange tank 76.  This 250 being built in Dec of 74 makes it a 75.  The pipe on it looks like it belongs on a 175, wrong silencer.  Just my opinion.
Rocket

OUCWBOY

Thanks for all the input. I read all the past talk about the 250. A different owner now. Trying to get him to tell me why he is selling so soon after he purchased.
Thanks again!

Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

Mark Annan

I was negotiating for both of these bikes (and several others) and a pile of parts a few weeks before Mid-Ohio.  The guy is selling all of his Penton stuff to concentrate on Yamaha enduros and MX machines.  To each his own I guess.  He wanted way to much for all his stuff so I passed on the deal.  I recognized the two 125's as coming from a local guy (St. Louis, MO) several months earlier.  They were suppose to be good runners then so they should still be ok. The guy seemed to be fairly honest, just over priced.

Mark

gooey

If I remember correctly,, he paid a lil more than I would have guessed the norm to be for the 250 ... Then,, shipping costs incurred ... I dont really watch the 125 traffic too closely, so I really dont know about those,,, but he's got quite a bit in the 250 ( if my near non existant memory serves me correctly) ... the guy probably doesnt wanna take it in the ... ummmmmmm ... "wallet" too deeply ... so i really cant blame him ... I have a whole pile of Yam MX 125 stuff .... wonder how bad he wants it ... bad 'nuff for a 125cc swap ???   LOL !

gooey

I just re-visited the 250 ad,,, and it appears he is willing to take a substantial loss on the bike .... at its current price,, Id think it was a pretty fair buy .... even has some room to go I think, before its outta line ... seems like a reasonable enough fellow in THAT respect ....