72 Six Day Sold on Ebay

Started by cubfan1968, December 10, 2005, 07:21:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cubfan1968

I couldn't believe what that 72 Six Day sold for on Ebay. It must have been in very prime shape. It was item number 4594303063 selling for $4561.11. Will this raise the bar again on the price of future Pentons sold?

Rod Whitman
1972 6 Day (Rider)
1972 6 Day (Project)
Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)

bentrims

Rod,
Right now I dont think I would sell mine for that money. I think alot of what goes on within this website shows a true vlaue and raises the value.

Case in point: This week I looked into collecting new plastics for the start of a vintage KX 125 Kawasaki project. There is not even a Kawasaki site listed on the AHRMA page. I still dont know where to go. If a guy does find one I am sure it will be a "Fill your basket" site with zero tech knowledge available.  

I think the guy with the 175 Piner had 22 hits within 2 hours this morning helping him sort out his Bing. I guess I am saying thanks guys...most of you forgot more than I ever knew about Pentons
Tom B

desmond197

That bike was a NOS bike with very few miles. There are not may out there ride it and the value will go down. Great for a collection. How much whould you pay for a NOS 1973 125 Honda Elsinore. I would put the value of something like that at $7,500-10,000. People that want these bikes are just getting into thier prime earning years and folks are building large collections of bikes. NOS  bikes of this era will be going through the roof as well as any works bike or bike with importaint race history. I wish I had bought some of those NOS AJS Stormers that were available in the early 90's. They were about $800.

firstturn

bentrims (Tom Benolkin),
  Tom thanks for the great picture that is on 2006 Penton Calender.  Was that taken in Florida or Phenix?

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Lew Mayer

That was Smokin' Benolkin at Gainesville this year, '05.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

bentrims

Thank you, I am flattered to have a pic in the calendar. It was taken in Florida. Hope to see you there in 06 Iron Lew.

cubfan1968

Guys, I'm not talking about that very bike. I'm sure this is a one of a kind and worth that kind of money. Heck I'd like to have had it myself. I'm talking about ones that would have went for $300 - $500 a year ago suddenly being priced at $1000 - $1500 or more.

I hope whoever bought it is a fellow POGGER.

Rod Whitman
1972 6 Day (Rider)
1972 6 Day (Project)
Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)

clayman

Man, I sold my 1974 125 with the skinny tank & GP seat and a "D" motor for $1500 after the Chehalis AHRMA National a couple of months back....it was almost as nice as Tom's, but not quite.

Oh, by the way: Tom, try Nightmare Racing for KX stuff. I love Pentons, but I am a total Kawasaki freak ('78 KX A4 & '79 KX A5). Mark will have/can get you any Kawasaki stuff and would be impressed that you are restoring one!

Clay

firstturn

Tom,
  Send me a email on what year/size Kawasaki you are needing parts.  I love that picture[:p].  Randy did a Great Job on getting some action shots this year.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

OUCWBOY

Speaking of Kawasaki's I have to tell you all a story. In 69 I bought a Kawasaki F21M Green Streak, 1969 Model. Very FAST 250 for the time. Anyway, after a couple season's on it, I thought I'd sell it. In my home town, back in those days, I had a great friend who was a Bridgestone, Norton, Ossa, AJS, dealer and whatever else he could come up with, AND he rented out the small 80 or 90 cc Bridgestones by the hour. It was a big business back then. I took the Kasasaki to his shop and he was going to sell it for me. We parked it outside with all the other used bikes that he would roll out in the mornings and roll back in at night. Well, on this one Saturday, I was hanging out at the shop, like we all did back then. The shop was about 1/2 block right outside the gate to Ft Sill Army base and the rental business boomed with all the guys attending school at the base. Well, we were setting in the shop doing some great bench racing, when this guy walks in and says "How much for that Kawaski out front?" I said "What?" and he said "You know the Kawaski, that Ploish motorcycle" I have never laughed so hard in my life because he was dead serious. This is not a BS story, it really did happen.
Now on to another note. I have been searching for a 69' F21M for about 4 years now and if anyone knows where I might find one, please let me know. It has to be the true 69 with the lime green and white tank. I've had people offer me 68's with the red tank, or 70's that were the F4, but not a single true 69 F21M.
Thanks

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

dkwkid

I thought they were refered as a 238 Greensteak.I had a paper route in the early 70's and I stopped at all the houses where guys had dirt bikes.A pastors son had a 238 greenstreak and used to fire it up for me.They were actually pretty good bikes in their day. Rotary valve engine with the foam filter on the sidecase.:)

OUCWBOY

dkwkid,
yes they were also called the 238 Green Streak, but the Kawasaki name was F21M. Fast little 250 for sure. Would out run all the other 250's and even many of the open class bikes. Our MX track was more of a open field with lots of grass, and not much rough stuff. Great for that kind of track, Sure would love to find one.

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

sixdazed

Geeez Donny, - I saw one for sale not long ago and remember thinking i hadn't seen one of THOSE in a while.anyway i think it may have been walnecks or bradbikes.com,one of those maybe.i'll look thru my recent stacks of that stuff and see if i can find it.if you want a baby brother for it theres a 100cc greenstreak on marks cal v mx board (vinduro).i emailed the guy for a price but haven't received a response yet.if i can find the 238 i'll get in touch with you.           Merry Christmas,Ric

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50
Most in progress..                      so many projects-so little time...

OUCWBOY

Thanks Ric,
I passed up a couple of the 100's. Really would like the the 238, just because I once owned one. I quess if I tried to find one of each bike that I owned, I have to find room for about 30 bikes. LOL

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

bentrims

Clayman,

Thank you for the site info, I will dial them in.

Ron, I can't send pics yet because a runner is in pursuit as I type this, coming back from Milwaukee with the bike. I hope this will be a fun bike for TJ to race in "06"
Thanks for the help you guys.
Tom B