Mikuni carburetors?

Started by berg, December 13, 2005, 05:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

berg

Looking for a source for Mikuni carburetors already set up and jetted reasonably close for a Penton 125 Six-Day, and Monark 125 MX. Can anybody help point me in the right direction?

DKWRACER

Hello Berg and welcome to the POG! There is a distributor of Mikunis listed in Vintage Views (ProFlo) //www.pro-flo.com. Depending on what mm size you need, there are owners that have first hand experience with your application and some suggested jetting sizes too, you can also do a search function on this topic...Good hunting..[8D]
Tom Brosius
Thomas Brosius

Chakka

Hi Berg,

This topic has been covered in the past. Here is the link to all the info you need for converting a Bing to a Mikuni. After reading this post I picked one up from Pro-Flo...only $85.00. mine is a 26mm on a 74' 125 and it runs like a champ...good luck

http://www.pentonusa.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5278&whichpage=1&SearchTerms=mikuni%2C26mm

rd400pi

Chakka,
  Any issues with clearance between the carb and the engine cases?  It's kinda tight on my 250 HS.

Mike Husted

Chakka

Hi Mike,

I didn't have a connection problem. The biggest issue is getting the proper diameter hose to mate the Mikuni to the Sachs intake. The Airbox boot fit with some mods and the Mikuni looked to me to be a little shorter than the Bing. I never mated one on a 250 KTM but just take some measurments and you will need fuel resistant hose for the intake, otherwise its a snap.  

Chakka

socalmx

Another great source for Mikuni carbs is Sudco International. They are at //www.sudco.com. There are many past posting regarding the various jetting configurations so a quick search will answer that question. Regarding mating the carb to the cylinder spigot, a friend of mine has used clear plastic hose (Home Depot plumbing department). This was the same type of hose that was used on Mikuni conversion kits "in the day". He currently has been running it for over a year on his bike with no issues. I am sure that this remark will make many gasp but what works, works.

chicagojerry

i had very good luck on finding the correct size hose for my 400 spigot by going to napa and buying fuel filler hose. they had various size I.D.'s and its impervious to gasoline. i bought the shortest length they had which was about 18 inches and it is enough to last for years. just cut to length. hope that helps  [8D]    chijer