Kenny Roberts Penton Flattracker Pipe

Started by firstturn, December 16, 2005, 01:32:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firstturn

I am thinking of having several pipes made up for the KRP Flattracker.  We will use the original pipe as a pattern and build the jig using a actual KRP bike to be sure it is right.  I am going to try and keep the pipes under $200.00 so email me directly or leave a post here and I will determine how much of a need (want) that there is for the pipe.
  I am doing this because of several people who have ask for one and I also have a KRP frame/seat/tank to build from scratch and will have to have another pipe for this project.

[email protected]

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

bentrims

Ron,

I am a Penton rookie and most guys on this site forgot more than I know about Pentons. What bike does a KR pipe go on? When I go to Phoenix this year I want the 6 Days to be a fire breather.
Tom B

firstturn

Tom,
  The Kenny Roberts Penton was a flat tracker(250).  Kenny Roberts and Friends designed and built the frame and some of the componets and John Penton provided the power in the form of a 250 KTM engine.  T hope this helps.
  You can either call Kevin @ Circle F pipes for the latest 6 Day 125 pipe or get with me on borrowing one of mine.[:p]

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

bentrims

Cool piece of history...any KR/Penton pics, or a favorite that could be posted?

bentrims

Oh yes, I may get back to you on that pipe;). First I need to test out a few others. Remember your outboard racing days? Much like the Canadians, when there is over a foot of snow on the ground all we northerners have to do is work on our motors.
PS It was -8 (eight below zero) today and I work outside all day doing vinyl siding.

49 days until Phoenix!!!!!

firstturn

Tom,
  Check this location out.  The Penton Flat Trackers are just a beautiful machine.  I will send you a picture later of mine.

http://gallery.pentonusa.org/gallery/album06/DSC09555

[:p]

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

tmc3c

Never met a KR that I didn't Like?LOVE!!![:p]

Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

bentrims

Ron,
Thanks for the full pictoral...very cool. Look at pic #75. I will never forget Kees Van Der Ven motoring by my Honda at the Canada 250 GP 1983 on the MX version of that bike. Man those KTMs had motor.
Tom B.

firstturn

I have orders for five pipes.  We will probably do thes in February depending on sceduling.  Thanks for the emails and I know this isn't a high volume part, but I thought I would try to help the people that wanted a copy of an original.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

firstturn

I have orders for five pipes.  We will probably do thes in February depending on sceduling.  Thanks for the emails and I know this isn't a high volume part, but I thought I would try to help the people that wanted a copy of an original.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

rob w

Hi Ron,

Sorry I did'nt get around to this sooner.
I can't thank you enough for doing this, and hooking me up with one of the "must-be-custom-made-parts" to this project.

I just spoke to Don G. and he said that he would like one also.
I am currently reconstructing his KRP frame for him, so we're in contact weekly. Just let me know when any payment is needed, I'll also swap your email addresses so you can contact each other.

So to recap and confirm......
I would like 2 pipes for myself,
and Don will take 1.

Thanks so much for doing this Ron.
Talk to you later,

Bob

firstturn

Thanks Bob. I should be able to get the bike to Houston sometimes in February to get this done.  After we are pleased with the first pipe I will let everyone know how much and where to send their money.  As I stated before the cost should be under $150.00.  Anyone else interested please let me know.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

firstturn

Pipe update.  I stopped by and spoke to Kevin at Circle F Pipes and he and I agreed for me bring my bike down in April for him to build a jig.  I hope this meets everyones time schedule.  Kevin has/had a lot of pipes to build for Daytona and Jefferson so he is busy which is great for him.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

doncw

Hi Ron,
I'm the guy rebuilding KRP frame #018 with the help of Bob Wardlow. I'M still interested in a 250 pipe for a KRP 250. Is that project still on? I also heard from Bob there was some one building a mould for the tail piece. Do you know who doing that work as I would buy two of them as soon as they are done. Thanks in advance.
Don G.
Quotequote:Originally posted by firstturn

Ron Carbaugh

454MRW

Don,
Tom Brosius is reproducing my rear seat/fender for the KRP Flat Track bike. He is listed on the suppliers page, or go to; http://cone.viawest.net/users/dkwracer/
Ron, I also need one of the pipes when available, but I am seriously thinking of builing mine using a 400 engine. Does anyone have any experience in fitting a pipe for a 250 on a 400, especially a downpipe, which I think might be more likely to fit than the up pipes used on other Penton/KTM's? Thanks, Mike

Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1974 250 HS Pentons-1980 KTM 250'S
Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1976 Penton MC5 400
1977 KTM MC5 125
1978 KTM 78 GS6 250
L78-79 MX6 175-250 KTM\\\'s
1976-78 125-400 RM\\\'s
2007 CR125R Honda
1977 MC250 Maico
2017 KTM Freeride 250R