Centerstands for KTM powered CMF's

Started by Chakka, January 19, 2006, 10:59:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chakka

I have a new centerstand mounted on my 72' Berkshire. It pivots off the footpeg holes. On KTM powered bikes how did the stand mount? I am interested in making one for my Jackpiner. I've only seen one example (other than in old magazines) and that's the Hare Scrambler ridden by Rod Bush in the 74' Six Days . There are a few pictures of that bike in the photos section but I cant make out the details for attachment.
 Chakka

Kip Kern

John Borer has Rod's bike with the centerstand on it.  I checked it out at the last museum show and talked to John about borrowing the stand and repopping them.  Maybe it will happen as I can get the CMF tubing at Wicks aircraft supply and the rest is just bending and welding!  I need 6 of them myself;)

Chakka

Kip, I will take 3 if you decide to do this. If not can you get some good pictures of the center stand?

Chris

Kip Kern

Chris  I'll probably see John at the POG meeting in Feb, maybe I can get ahold of the stand and work on them this summer.  I have three bikes to build yet and a stack of engines.  May, I will be in Ireland (hunting Pentons , NOT) and June/July finish bikes for Mid Ohio. So after Mid Ohio will be a good time to make KTM centerstands.  Keep reminding me through the summer about the stands as my memory is getting bad.[xx(]

Lew Mayer

Have a good Irish stout for me Kip.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer