81 MC 250

Started by Sloan, January 30, 2006, 09:41:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pketchum

Sometimes unforseen events can stymie even the most ardent supplier.  Case in point:  I ordered some parts from Tired-Iron out of upstate New York for a Hodaka project awhile back.  The check had been cashed but the parts never arrived.  Today I called inquiring about them.  He stated that the quanset hut where the parts are stored is frozen shut and he's going to have to get a backhoe in to free them up, along with a torch to melt the ice which has formed around the locks.  To make matters even worse, they received 27" of new snow last night.

I can empathize with the seller but I believe it would have been appropriate for him to email the buyers informing them of the circumstances of his shipping delay.  Fortunately for me, I'm not in dire need of these parts and can comfortably wait for delivery.

Buyers need to be informed of unseen circumstances.  Failure to do this will surely damage your business and credability.  Everyone should recognize that "word of mouth" is your best means of advertising.

Phil
Phast Phil
Moderator, Hodaka Owners Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Hodaka