KTM 85/105SX

Started by ronlee, February 15, 2006, 02:53:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronlee

HELLO
I have two KTM mini,s. These bikes have blown their bottom ends three times. At 650 per crank it is too risky to run them.
I live in Canada and of course no one will admitt there is a problem.
Dealer refuses to take them on trade and the Canadian distrubitor just say,s"That,s Racing". It wouldn't be so bad if my kids got to race these machines but they can't make it thru 20 minutes of practice.
I use the oil recomended by the dealer.
Has anyone else had this peoblem with KTM mini's.
Any advise would be appriceated.
THANKS

TGTech

I know that the very first versions of these machines had some crank problems, but I don't know exactly what it was. I would suggest contacting KTM down here at 440-985-5995 and ask for consumer customer service and see if anyone can help you.

One other suggestion: log onto KTMtalk.com and see if anyone on there can help you.

That having been said, what oil are you using; what mix ratio; and what procedure do you use to service your air filters?

Dane

TGTech

I spoke to someone from KTM today, and was told that the very first versions of these machines, had an issue with the thrust washers on the crankshaft and that there was a warranty program for them. I don't know what your machines are, but were I in your shoes, I would definitely contact KTM.

Dane

Speedy

Quotequote:Originally posted by ronlee

HELLO
I have two KTM mini,s. These bikes have blown their bottom ends three times. At 650 per crank it is too risky to run them.
I live in Canada and of course no one will admitt there is a problem.
Dealer refuses to take them on trade and the Canadian distrubitor just say,s"That,s Racing". It wouldn't be so bad if my kids got to race these machines but they can't make it thru 20 minutes of practice.
I use the oil recomended by the dealer.
Has anyone else had this peoblem with KTM mini's.
Any advise would be appriceated.
THANKS

Hello RONLEE,..
Where are you living in Canada???
Who here in Canada is your KTM dealer???
If you want to talk to me about your problem,write me at [email protected]
Cheers,Helmut Clasen (Clasen Motors KTM)

Helmut Clasen KTM
162 Hillcrest Ave
L9H 4Y3
Dundas Ontario Canada
Ph.905-627-5349
[email protected]
http://speedy_c.tripod.com
Sachs MC-GS 250-7A reeds
Hercules 350-7A
Hercules 250-7A
Zuendapp 125 GS
KTM 200 EXC 2003
KTM DUKE 96 Spec.

ronlee

Hello
Thanks for the information.
These mini's we have have suffer from a number of problems.
First it was leaking transmissions. Factory fix.
Then missing gaskets on the case by the carb. That is how the first crank went. Everytime it was ridden thru water the water was sucked into the bottom end. We could never get the it to run propertly.
Then the kick started fell off. that was 100 dollars. Next we got the new starter on and the bolt broke. Lost another starter and couldn't get the bolt out another 100 for the starter shaft. It goes on and on.
I would prefer not to mention the type of oil just that it was recommended by the dealer and I know many who use it with out problems.
I mix 40/1.
I had an idea I could sneek in the back door and have a "Just about" Penton. I guess I'll have to find another way.
I will say when these machines are working they are untouchable.
BUT????????????????????//
THANKS AGAIN
RON LEE