Wanted Penton Motor

Started by k4uu, February 15, 2006, 04:19:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

k4uu

I have a 1972 Penton frame and I need a motor, I don't care what size, 100,125, or 175.  I have the tank, forks, wheels, bars, levers, etc.  If anyone has a lead on a motor please let me know.

Thanks

Gary Hext
Gary Hext

Chakka

Gary,

What type of frame do you have? A KTM (175) engine will not fit in a Berkshire or Six Day frame. The 2 types are not interchangable.

Chakka

firstturn

Gary,
  What color is the taank and air box and what is the frame number on the steering head?

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

OUCWBOY

What Ron is asking is very important, because in 1976 Penton (KTM) used the KTM engine in the 125 thru 400. So if you have a later frame the engines would then all fit (125  and 175), If your frame is earlier, then you would need a Sachs engine.

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

k4uu

I checked the frame number and it is 20655686 which I have been told was made in June of 72.  As I remember back then they only made 3 motor sizes, 100, 125 and 175.  I assumed it was all the same frame.  But I need help locating a motor and afew other accessories before I start the restoration.

Gary

Quotequote:Originally posted by Chakka

Gary,

What type of frame do you have? A KTM (175) engine will not fit in a Berkshire or Six Day frame. The 2 types are not interchangable.

Chakka

Gary Hext
Gary Hext

k4uu

Quotequote:Originally posted by firstturn

Gary,
  What color is the taank and air box and what is the frame number on the steering head?

Ron Carbaugh
Ron,

The tank is red, but I think it has been painted.  I know red mean 100.  The frame number is 20655686 which I think means it as made in June of 72.

Gary

Gary Hext
Gary Hext

Rain Man

Hi Gary, and welcome to the Penton Owners group Website.  I think that if you want a motor, your gonna find out that a lot of guys have bits and pieces of motors, and are probably embarrased to sell them becuase there so delapitated  ' IE: they need to be repaired from the cases up.  
I have a 1972 175 parts motor I know it will cost you better than a grand to  repair it , if not even more !!     And its a mismatch hodgepodge  mongrel E bay motor, missing  shaft shims and...
god knows what :(

I dont think this is where you need to start on your Penton project.

Maybe someone will come up with something thats a little more complete and repairable.
Good Luck

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons