Marzocchi shocks

Started by Bob Seymour, February 18, 2006, 04:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Seymour

I inadvertently made the mistake of putting this inquiry originally in the parts for sale forum and didnt get much response. I have a set of Marzocchi AG-4 65  shocks on the 79 KTM 250MC I am restoring. One of the shocks seems to work fine and has noticable dampening. The other did not exhibit any and would go up and down with no dampening control at all. I took this shock and removed the screw at the upper mounting eyelet above the piggyback cannister and filled it with 10W Bel-Ray fork oil. The shock now works like a champ and is not exhibiting any leaks either. I have checked  all the past posts on this subject and cant seem to find a answer on what and how much to charge the cannisters. I went to a Ducati site that had some info on the Marzocchi Strada shock(street version)which is very similar to my shocks and I could have sworn it  said to charge with 28 to 40 psi of air. Other info says to use nitrogen, but at what pressure I am not sure. Anybody who can weigh in with some conclusive and definitive information on these questions would be greatly appreciated

Rocket

Use 30psi of nitrogen.  The way you filled with oil, you more than likely have air in the body and you have a good chance of rupturing the N2 bladder.
Rocket