Universal Engine Stand

Started by firstturn, February 20, 2006, 05:19:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firstturn

I have had several different people see the engine stand I use for inspecting and working on Sachs engines.  So after the last person ask I thought I would just put a web site for the gentleman that makes the universal engine stands.  He will even paint it the color you want...I wanted my Six Day Green.  Although some people may not want to buy one I did since Doctor says no more weilding or machine type work.  Neat stand and really saves me time when I have a engine out and working on it.  I even use it for painting and just cover it up so there isn't any over spray.  Click below.

http://rampantracing.com/

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Lew Mayer

Do you know if they fit a KTM motor? I know it says universal but I thought I'd ask any way.:) Look good!

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

firstturn

Lew,
  The arrangement he has for fitting different engines I feel will handle a KTM engine.  I think he has a picture of a Big Street Twin Yamaha engine on the picture he sent me.  If you want I will look at it next week, but every small engine I have tried so far worked.  Just makes it easier for me working on a egine when I have to leave it for a week at a time and come back and start to work again.  I also like the feature where you can spin the engine 360 degress when repairing damaged fins or just cleaning the engine.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

sixdazed

Thanks Ron,You just inspired me to dig out my old honda motor stand-(it looks almost the same and fits many old honda motors with the adaptors-cr125 up to cb750).i had been waiting to find a suitable floor mount so it would be up off the ground and not use valuable bench space,but i think i can rig something to bolt it to the floor or better yet a roll around stand.i think joe bolger made these and your stand looks like about the same idea!btw.Mert had a little setback but is better now.one day at a time as they say.Take Care, Ric

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50
Most in progress..                      so many projects-so little time...

firstturn

Ric,
  I think you are right about Joe Bogler being the manufacturer.  Good memories.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

sachsmx

Looks like a well built unit...maybe overkill. I start out with a regular light duty auto engine stand on casters. I think I paid $50 for it. I then make adaptors that allow me to work on the engine and split the cases while being bolted to the stand, something that you can't do with this stand I believe. I have one adaptor for the Sachs 7 speed engines and an adaptor for KTM engines (a real simple one) that attaches to the engine were the ignition cover screws are located.

Kip Kern

I think you can still get the KTM rotating engine stand from KTM.  I noticed the exact same stand in my 2002 parts book as offered in 1977 only with a few more brackets for modern engines.  Very handy to use when building engines (this holds the engines by the top front and rear mount bolts).  A Sachs stand is simple to make from flat aluminum stock and two sets of three pins each to hold the cases up to install the internals.;)

william b. edmonston

Any chance to get the part number for the KTM rotating engine stand for KTM engines and who might have one.  Thanks,  Brad

Kip Kern

New Item = Universal Mounting Rack "96" 560.12.001.000
Old item =  Engine Stand "77" 51.12.001.000

Try Your KTM Dealer!

CIAO

thrownchain

I've tried a couple of times to E mail for a mailing address so I can send a money order, but so far no reply. Can anybody help me out???????????[?]

tlanders

Thanks Kip for this info. I have wanting an engine stand.

Teddy

firstturn

Thrown Chain,
  I have forwarded your request to Mike and copied you.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

tlanders

I called Bob Egan, KTM dealer, and was told that the ywo numbers you had Kip have been replaced with another number. The new one costs $560 and was not in stock. There must be a cheap JC Whitney one or something else available. Anybody have mfg/model/cost info?

Teddy

Keithuu

Gee, Teddy, for $560 the guy must have thought you said, "I'd like an engine, Stan", instead of "I'd like an engine stand".[:p]

Keithuu
Keithuu

thrownchain

I've been in touch with the guy at rampantracing and will let you know how I make out. According to the home page, his is only $120.00. Not a bad price if it works good. Here's hoping.