Pine Cone Enduro / Trail ride , Mich. July 15th

Started by rob w, March 04, 2006, 11:20:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob w

The Michigan Family Enduro series will run the Pine Cone Family Enduro, out of Moorestown, Michigan, at the Lansing MC Club / Jack Pine grounds, on Saturday July 15, 2006. (2 wks. before VMD)

Can compete in the Vintage Class, or just run the trails for fun. Easy trails, occasionally challenging, apx. 40-50 miles in length. Tons of camping space. A ride you won't regret.

Bob

Speedy

Quotequote:Originally posted by rob w

The Michigan Family Enduro series will run the Pine Cone Family Enduro, out of Moorestown, Michigan, at the Lansing MC Club / Jack Pine grounds, on Saturday July 15, 2006. (2 wks. before VMD)

Can compete in the Vintage Class, or just run the trails for fun. Easy trails, occasionally challenging, apx. 40-50 miles in length. Tons of camping space. A ride you won't regret.

Bob

Hi guys,dont forget that is the weekend of the Canadian World Enduro Championship.Just in cas you want to see the Worlds fastes Enduro rider.Click on //www.worldendurocanada.com
Speedy---------->>>>>>>>

Helmut Clasen KTM
162 Hillcrest Ave
L9H 4Y3
Dundas Ontario Canada
Ph.905-627-5349
[email protected]
http://speedy_c.tripod.com
Sachs MC-GS 250-7A reeds
Hercules 350-7A
Hercules 250-7A
Zuendapp 125 GS
KTM 200 EXC 2003
KTM DUKE 96 Spec.

rob w

Hi Speedy------->>>>>>>>>>>
So there's a few options for that weekend. You can see the worlds fastest enduro riders....or, you can be   the worlds happiest enduro rider.

BobW -->

Young Ted

This is the fourth of five events in the series. The others are 4/22 at Roselawn, Ind., 4/29 at Kalkaska, Mich., 6/10 at Kalkaska, Mich. and 7/29 at Marquette, Mich.

Mike OReilly

Ted and Bob:
I had really hoped to use the Pine Cone as an opportunity to get together and spend some quality time actually riding bikes, with yourselves and some of the other POG'rs that we don't get to see often enough.
Unfortunately, I figured that supporting the World Enduro was important as well, so Marianne and I have signed up to volunteer for Thurs. - Sunday. I kind of figure that this is a bit of "once in a long while" deal.
Hopefully we can get together and ride the Michigan woods at some point in the not too distant future - in fact I continue to hope that an "on bike" recreational event will emerge as a focus for Penton riders to get together.
Regards,
Mike

Young Ted

Mike - It isn't positive yet, but I'm working at having a ride in Michigan May 20th and 21st. If it becomes a reality, I'll post details on May 1st.

Young Ted

Keithuu

Ted;
If you're not locked into east side Michigan trails, you're welcome to "stage" out of my place which is about 10 miles north of St. Helen (I-75, Exit 222). We've got thousands of acres of Huron National forest to the northeast and thousands of acres of the AuSable State forest to the southeast.

The CCC trail system runs throughout the area as does the Meadows ORV trail, maintained by the State and Feds. There are hundreds of miles of pretty nice two-tracks and forest roads, in case the single track gets wearisome, and between St. Helen and Roscommon, there exists an abundance of reasonably priced motels and restaurants.

My little property, just .6 miles off a paved County road, can easily handle a half dozen "rigs" plus there's a lot of parking available close by. My garage can store 15 or 20 bikes for overnite security and to provide a spot for repairing injured bikes. Just something to think about.[8D]

Keithuu
Keithuu

gthong

If my good buddy Tommy D (you know who you are!!!)  wanted to go may 21... I'd drag my butt out of bed early 5/21 to go ride old pentons.  I've got a wedding the nite before... can't do the pine cone.. it's magor canoe trip/road bike weekend.. sorry to miss that one