Any news on how the POG folks did at Daytona?

Started by john durrill, March 06, 2006, 10:53:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

john durrill

Anyone have news on how we fared at the MX and CC this year?
John D.

tlanders

Three weeks of 75+ hours/week work took it's toll on me - I was too tired to race, but I tried. Also, I was in charge of scoring the cross country races with the new software we are developing. We had 175 riders enter the cross country races and by the time I got everyone in the computer in the right classes, right rider numbers, etc. I missed the start of the race and started over 3 minutes late for the vintage CC. By the time it was over, I had passed a lot of novices and worked my way up to 5th in my class out of 7. In the PVCC, I started on time but was still too tired to race, however, I did earn a 2nd place. In MX, I wasn't very competitive, also. It was a mental thing. I knew I was worn out and didn't want to get hurt. In the last race on Sunday, I finally felt up to it and earned a 4th out of 17 entered. The good news was I didn't fall down or stall, the Pentons were awesome (out of 6 starts I got 4 hole shots!!!), I had a lot of fun riding, the comraderie was great, I got to cheer Toni on during her race, and I didn't think about work (hardly at all!!!!).

Sorry I let you all down, I'll never get a sponsor at this rate!!!!

Teddy

Dennis Jones

Teddy, I just wish I could ride as many events in a day as you much less finish well.
Thanks for the leg work on the new CC scoring. I will be nice to finally be able to see lap times.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

tomale

Nice going Teddy, I dream last night that I was racing in a cross country event, I was in a really rocky section and I was really moving when I realized that I did not have a helmet on. What to do now, I had just flew by a competitor and if I slow down, he would catch me and camp was far away..... strange dream.
We do not have many CC event up this way but I did manage to do one last summer, I won my class and finished 4th overall, there were two experts and one intermediate in front of me.. there is suppose to be more such event this year, I hope so, I love racing MX but I really enjoy the CC events because you get alot more riding in.

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
75' GS400 (project bike)
72'sixday (project bike)
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

Glenn Berry

Two friends and myself had planned to head to Gainesville for a weekend of racing.Unfortunately Jim Foster pulled a muscle in his leg so he was unable to race. But his six day, jackpiner, and wassell got alot of attention sitting by the trailer. Lew Mayer got a 3rd place in his cross country,and motocross classes and a first in trials. I got a first my cross country and trials class.Both the weather and track were excellent. There were lots of other Pentons but not sure how other they finished. It was good to see and meet alot of owners group members.

Glenn Berry
Glenn Berry

Dennis Jones

Way to go Glenn. Your going to cause Lew to start practicing.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

Lew Mayer

Practice?! What's that? I thought the parade lap was practice.:D

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

Randy Kirkbride

Well, Valli, Shep, & I had a great time at Gainesville. We visited at the track with POG members Doug & Dot & Coco Wilford, & Lew Mayer & Glenn Berry, Penny, Toni, & Gary Roach. We had a great lunch in DeLand with Nelson & Sylvia McCullough. We also got to visit with lots of local Zanesville riders that were there, too. I took lots of pictures & got lots of sunshine. The weather was perfect. The only thing that could have been better, would have been if I was riding in the CC. Oh well, maybe next year.