ISDT Qualifier next month

Started by tlanders, March 14, 2006, 02:03:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tlanders

Hey guys,

Sorry for being so late in getting the entry form for the April 22-23 ISDT Qualifier event in Combs, Arkansas on the web. The preview and entry form can be found at http://www.ahrma.org/calendar.htm. Just scroll down to the AMS Cross Country Series and then down to the event. Click on the Preview and then the entry form.

For those going after AHRMA Cross Country points, it will be worth 2 races. For those that want to make money changing a tire, enter the tire changing contest - $50 cash to the winner!!! For those that want a fun weekend of trail riding, this is the event to go to in the beautiful Ozark mountains. Rick Owens is the trail boss and he knows how to lay out the trails for vintage bikes.

We will have all the big National flags out flapping in the wind and it will look festive. Rick says we can arrive as early as Wednesday and just go trail riding for 3 days until the event!!!! Tons of room for camping.

In addition to the AHRMA trophies and gold/silver/bronze medals, we will again have $2000 worth of Scott contingency prizes to be given out liberally including to all guys on bikes of the marque that is best represented with the most riders!!! So let's have the Penton riders win this!!!

Ya'll come!!! Email me at [email protected] if you have any questions.

Teddy

slvrbrdfxr

Teddy,
Sounds like fun !! Do you know if they are doing a weekend only ARHMA membership for this event like at the ISDT RR ?? Thanks for the info.
Dave McCullough

lksseven

fyi, Teddy, your url caught the "period" after "htm" and gorped the link.   Here it is for everyone ...   http://www.ahrma.org/calendar.htm

Larry Seale
I choose to ride
Larry Seale
I choose to ride...slower and slower all the time

rd400pi

Won't know till last minute if work schedule will allow me to attend this year but, I have to tell you that it sure was fun last year.  I would encourage you to try and make it if you can.  

Mike H.
  [email protected]

tlanders

Thanks Larry for your catch.

Dave, the weekend AHRMA membership is not available for this event. With two of these fun 2 day events per year, the ISDT Qualifier Warmups and the ISDT Reunion Ride, it makes sense to just join AHRMA for the year at $40.  You will then get the Vintage Views magazine which is beautiful and has a lot of good vintage bike info and parts for sale in it. You never know, you might also want to start collecting AHRMA Cross Country series points also which is possible with the year long membership fee.

We need a bunch more POG members to enter. I have already received emails from two different Hodaka teams that are entered!!! Let's go guys and get those Penton/KTM teams entered!!!! We can't let the Hodakas beat us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There are team prizes in addition to the individual trophies and prizes. And as mentioned above, there are also prizes for all riders on the marque with the most entries!! LET's GO PENTON!!!

Teddy

tmc3c

Teddy, I will be there if everything goes as planned.I am getting everything in place,memberships etc.I will be coming with another rider who is being wooed by those HODAKA riders to ride on their team.I will try and keep him on a Penton if I can.[:p]

Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Glenn Berry

Do bikes have to be road legal to ride the qualifier warm-ups or reunion ride? Thanks

Glenn Berry
Glenn Berry

wfopete

Glenn,

According to my flyer that Teddy pasted out at a previous event:

No license plates required. No lights or horn required. Efficient silencers required. It's forest service land so spark arreators are recommended.

Pete Petrick

'01 KTM EXC 520, '74 YZ 250, '86 Honda XR 250, '71 Hodaka 100, '74 SUZUKI TM 400, '73 Penton Jackpiner
Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good

Glenn Berry

Pete,  Thanks for the information.It would be a long trip from Baltimore,but sounds like a excellent event.

Glenn Berry
Glenn Berry

tlanders

Thanks Larry for your catch.

Dave, the weekend AHRMA membership is not available for this event. With two of these fun 2 day events per year, the ISDT Qualifier Warmups and the ISDT Reunion Ride, it makes sense to just join AHRMA for the year at $40.  You will then get the Vintage Views magazine which is beautiful and has a lot of good vintage bike info and parts for sale in it. You never know, you might also want to start collecting AHRMA Cross Country series points also which is possible with the year long membership fee.

We need a bunch more POG members to enter. I have already received emails from two different Hodaka teams that are entered!!! Let's go guys and get those Penton/KTM teams entered!!!! We can't let the Hodakas beat us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There are team prizes in addition to the individual trophies and prizes. And as mentioned above, there are also prizes for all riders on the marque with the most entries!! LET's GO PENTON!!!

Teddy

tmc3c

Teddy, I will be there if everything goes as planned.I am getting everything in place,memberships etc.I will be coming with another rider who is being wooed by those HODAKA riders to ride on their team.I will try and keep him on a Penton if I can.[:p]

Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Glenn Berry

Do bikes have to be road legal to ride the qualifier warm-ups or reunion ride? Thanks

Glenn Berry
Glenn Berry

wfopete

Glenn,

According to my flyer that Teddy pasted out at a previous event:

No license plates required. No lights or horn required. Efficient silencers required. It's forest service land so spark arreators are recommended.

Pete Petrick

'01 KTM EXC 520, '74 YZ 250, '86 Honda XR 250, '71 Hodaka 100, '74 SUZUKI TM 400, '73 Penton Jackpiner
Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good

Glenn Berry

Pete,  Thanks for the information.It would be a long trip from Baltimore,but sounds like a excellent event.

Glenn Berry
Glenn Berry

tlanders

Glenn,

Pete answered correctly. Thank you Pete. I hope you can make it Glenn, I know you will have fun.

Pete, are you coming???

Thomas, glad to hear you are coming. The Penton riders need to band together like the Hodaka guys are. I don't know of any Penton/KTM teams at this point. Dennis Jones, are you coming??? We need Gary Ellis (if his ankle will let him), Dave Withrow, Dave Sanders, Jack Penton (Oh boy!!!), Ron Carbaugh, Tom Benolkin (the woods are fun Tom!!!!), Larry Perkins (get back on a Penton Larry!!!), etc., etc. to come and represent the marque.

I hope you can make it Mike, work is overwhelming for me right now also.

Teddy