Diamond Don,s

Started by kevin k, March 23, 2006, 05:28:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevin k

Any other POGGER,s heading down to Texas for the A.H.R.M.A.  National?   I acquired a 76 MC-5 250 over the winter and will be running the Cross-Country on Friday.  Sound,s like a FUN  event.......    Kevin  Kline    # 761

Larry Perkins

Kevin,

Thanks to my good friend Rod Gorzney it looks like I will be there for the Cross Coubtry on Friday.  Plan to race my 82 IT 175 in PV200 and my new Piner in some vintage class as well.  Hope to see some of you there.

Larry P [8D]

Rocket

Larry
Yo are more than welcome.  The bike was delivered to Chip this morning and should be headed your way.  Have fun.
Rod

bildough

i will be down there and i am sure that Teddy Landers will be there as well. Also Ron Carbaugh is expected to make an appearance.

Bill Cappel

OUCWBOY

I don't know the full story because I wasn't there, but I heard that Tom Benolkin just sweept 6 moto's on his Six Day at Diamond Don's. Great JOB Tom. We want photos!!!!!!!!!!!

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

firstturn

Tom (Benolkin) did sweep six motos today on the same bike! He rode the same Penton 125 in three different classes to make a clean sweep.  It has the power from a Doug Wilford prepaired engine.  Two Great Champions teaming up to bring some life and fun into Moto Cross for the Penton Fans.  It was just great to see Tom Race.

But there was a lot of Pentons at the race so I am waiting for results from the other fine Penton Racers.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

sixdazed

Yeah T.B.! Great rider and great guy.Congrats to Tom and all our other riders at Diamond Don's.Wish i could have gone.Next year for sure.Good Job Guys!  Ric

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50
Most in progress..                      so many projects-so little time...

tlanders

Ron,

I ended up with a 1st out of 4 in Vintage Cross Country, 1st out of 10 in Vintage MX, 3rd out of 10 in PV MX and 3rd out of 7 in PV CC (too tired in two back to back 1 hour races). My Pentons ran flawlessly - hats off to my mechanic - wait, that's me!!!

Teddy

Speedy

Quotequote:Originally posted by tlanders

Ron,

I ended up with a 1st out of 4 in Vintage Cross Country, 1st out of 10 in Vintage MX, 3rd out of 10 in PV MX and 3rd out of 7 in PV CC (too tired in two back to back 1 hour races). My Pentons ran flawlessly - hats off to my mechanic - wait, that's me!!!

Teddy

Lectron carbs and Optimol 100-1????????-:D;):)
Speedy,....Congrats BLITZSCHNELL,...

Helmut Clasen KTM
162 Hillcrest Ave
L9H 4Y3
Dundas Ontario Canada
Ph.905-627-5349
[email protected]
http://speedy_c.tripod.com
Sachs MC-GS 250-7A reeds
Hercules 350-7A 77
Hercules 250-7A 76
Hercules 250 GS 7A 77
Zuendapp 125 GS
KTM 200 EXC 2003
KTM DUKE 96 Spec.

tlanders

Speedy,

Lectron carb yes and what a great carb it is, but I have decided to go Maxima K2, a 100% ester synthetic, at 40:1 for the 250s and 400s and 32:1 for the 125s. Since I am not racing any 125s now, it is easy to keep track of.

Thanks for turning me on to Lectrons!!!!

Teddy

Speedy

Speedy,

Lectron carb yes and what a great carb it is, but I have decided to go Maxima K2, a 100% ester synthetic, at 40:1 for the 250s and 400s and 32:1 for the 125s. Since I am not racing any 125s now, it is easy to keep track of.

Teddy

Hmmmmmmmmm,...maybe I made a booboo???At the next RR I may have to close your gas tap at the startline,to give you a bit more handicap????:D[:o)]

Helmut Clasen KTM
162 Hillcrest Ave
L9H 4Y3
Dundas Ontario Canada
Ph.905-627-5349
[email protected]
http://speedy_c.tripod.com
Sachs MC-GS 250-7A reeds
Hercules 350-7A 77
Hercules 250-7A 76
Hercules 250 GS 7A 77
Zuendapp 125 GS
KTM 200 EXC 2003
KTM DUKE 96 Spec.

Merlin

..............interesting posts,too bad AHRMA's 2006 handbook pages 58,59,60 section 11.2 paragraph "C" clearly does not allow any flatslide carbs including Lectron,period part or not.........no opinion just fact....................
Quote: Thomas Jefferson, We are all born ignorant, some work to remain that way.
 Quote:Peter Villacaro, \\"it is impossible to teach those that wish not to be taught\\".

Dwight Rudder

Speedy,

Teddy

Teddy,  Maxima K2 is a ultra high RPM formula.  Not recommended for the bikes you are using.  Dick Lechin recommends Maxima Super M @ 40:1 for your bikes.  The Super M will be a cleaner burning oil.  
Cher'o,
Dwight

Dwight Rudder
7 time ISDT / E medalist
8 time National Enduro Class Champion.

OUCWBOY

Merlin,
I am afraid that Teddy was refering to the Post Vintage Class, which does allow the Lectron.

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

Knute

Quotequote:..............interesting posts,too bad AHRMA's 2006 handbook pages 58,59,60 section 11.2 paragraph "C" clearly does not allow any flatslide carbs including Lectron,period part or not.........no opinion just fact....................
Merlin,

Teddy knows and adheres to the rules.  He has stated many times on this message board that he runs Mikuni's on his Vintage bikes and Lectron's on his Post-Vintage bikes.  

So, when you make assumptions, your "facts" may not relate to the topic.  Section 12.5 paragraph "c" (page 67) of the 2006 AHRMA Handbook is the correct section to read regarding the carburetion of Post-Vintage bikes.  It states "Period-type carburetors are strongly encouraged.  Period flat-slide carbs are allowed on Historic and Gran Prix class motorcycles.  Examples include Lake, Lectron, Poso, and other period-type flat slides."

As you would so kindly say  "...no opinion just fact..."

Kent
TEAM PENTOVARNA
Kent Knudson
Kevin Brown
Gary & Toni Roach
James & Adam Giddings