DC Plastics yellow

Started by Mike Lenz, March 28, 2006, 02:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Lenz

Has anyone seen how close the yellow 72-75 DC Plastics sidepanels compare to the 73 250 color?

firstturn

Following up on Mike's post way back when....has anyone compared these to the original color and how do I get in touch with DC Plastics?  Thanks.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Lew Mayer

I think they do have a website, Ron. Hope this helps.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

firstturn

Lew,
  I have looked, but no luck yet.  Thnaks.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

slvrbrdfxr

Ron,
The number I have for DC Plastics is 989-883-3135.
Dave McCullough

Dennis Jones

Try this, //www.dcplasticsusa.com If that doesn't work I know they have an ebay store.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

Dennis Jones

Bawb, We must have been posting at the same time. I'm going to be in your neck of the woods this weekend picking up a new treasure. How's the weather?

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

rob w

Yeah, there ya go, that's even easier, thanks Dennis.

For what it's worth, I was following a thread that's sort of interesting to read on the 495 site about his plastic.
It's down near the bottom now, topic titled "DC Plastics", 16 replies.
Now I guestion the quality and appearance of the parts (I'm sure they're good enough for racing though). I'm going to place my first order for some side panels tomorrow thru DC, only because Tom does'nt make these models. Otherwise, I'll be going to Tom for parts.  

firstturn

Thanks....all the information I needed.  I really appreciate the hep(that is Texan for help (-: ).[8D]

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

rob w

Howdy Dennis,
Where you heading to? Picking up anything interesting? Stop by here, I've got 4 or 5 bikes I'm selling.
Right now the weather is cold and rainy, this weekend looks great, it's suppose to be sunny and 80.

Bob

454MRW

Ron,
I need to call and talk to Don at DC Plastics tomorrow (Tuesday)about panels that he is working on for me. Anything I should ask him from you or the group? Mike

Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1974 250 HS Pentons-1980 KTM 250'S
Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1976 Penton MC5 400
1977 KTM MC5 125
1978 KTM 78 GS6 250
L78-79 MX6 175-250 KTM\\\'s
1976-78 125-400 RM\\\'s
2007 CR125R Honda
1977 MC250 Maico
2017 KTM Freeride 250R

firstturn

Mike,
  You might ask him if he has a set of the Yellow/Gold side covers that they were making before(earlier this year).  I didn't see it in their ebay store.  Thanks.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

tofriedel

Ted,

It is all about cost.  PP fenders were injection molded which uses expensive matched metal molds.  DC Plastics vacuum forms their products from a sheet stock, uses lower cost materials (wood) to make his forms and they only have to make one form.  The finish you get is the same finish as the sheet stock.

Tony
Tony

firstturn

Tony,
  Since I haven't seen the new matte finish...I assume it is ready to paint with a ittle preparation?  This is what I do with this repop covers any way.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Dennis Jones

Bob, I am picking up a 1984 KTM water cooled 125 in Big Rapids. I will be looking into some DC plastic for this bike.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones