Started by tdthigpen, March 31, 2006, 07:12:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tdthigpen

Hi Y'all,

What would the correct jetting be for a 30mm Mukini on a 125 Six Days
near sea level?

Thom
Thomas Thigpen
1974 125 Six Days   1972 125 Six Days (2)

Dwight Rudder

A 26mm or a 26 bored to 27mm is a much better match for the A and B engines. A D engine might use a 30mm.
IMO,
Dwight

Dwight Rudder
7 time ISDT / E medalist
8 time National Enduro Class Champion.

tdthigpen

D, Hurricane Hillburn in Mississippi wanted me to contact you I never got around to it.Anyway I ruined the 28 Bing trying to change the float needle seat.I have a 30mm I put on it it starts and runs ok with a 210 main and middle notch on the needle.It seems it could use a smaller main I thought some of you might have tried this swap before.Thanks for the reply Dwight, Thom POG#820
Thomas Thigpen
1974 125 Six Days   1972 125 Six Days (2)

Dwight Rudder

Thom do a search on this forum for Mikuni carbs and you will find out what others have done.  Mikuni work well when jetted and usually give more low end than the stock Bing. The stock Bing usually may produce more peak power but most of us are more interested in getting more low end out of these pipey machines.  I remember when we put 28mm Mikuni on them back in 1973-74. We had to have an adaptor machined to press onto the spigot to enlarge it to the same diameter of the Mikuni spigot. Then a piece of radiator hose and clamps.
Let me know how the 30mm works.
Dwight