38mm Marzocchi forks

Started by Bob Seymour, April 03, 2006, 09:18:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Seymour

I am hopeful one of you fellas can help me out. I need one 38mm fork tube for a 79 250GS project. The set of Marzocchi forks that came on the bike are in good condition with the exception of one of the tubes being pitted in the travel area. I would be willing to purchase a pair of tubes or a complete set of forks if it would come to that. The tube length for reference is just over 28 1/4 inches. Thanks to all,  Bob

Steve Minor

If you can't find any tubes here from a member, try Frank's Forks....they might be able to help.

http://www.frankmain.qpg.com/
Steve Minor

Bob Seymour

Steve, Thanks for the info. I had forgotten about Franks. We used his products back in the 70s when the cool mod was to put 6 inch overs on our 650s to give them that look. Anyway, I contacted them and they said they do not have, nor do they have the prints to make one. What they could do is possibly make one up from a tube I send them to take dimensions off of. Nonetheless, that service ends up being $115.00 plus freight/shipping for one tube. That cost I believe, is well within the range for a entire set of forks. So, if anybody is still out there that might be able to help me out, its most appreciated.

maicobuddy

Hi Bob,
I may have a good fork tube..can you give the length of the tube? Buddy:D

Bob Seymour

Buddy, The tube length is just over 28 1/4 inches.say 28 5/16. This is the actual tube length not including the fork cap. They are 38mm diameter. When assembled with no compression the entire fork assembly is approximately 40 1/4 inches overall end to end.
Thanks for your help

maicobuddy

Hi Bob,
I just dug the fork leg out of my storage unit and disassembled it..it measures 38mm diameter & roughly 28-1/4" - 28-5/16" in length so it should be the right one..it does have 2 rust pits smaller than the ball point of a pen(I couldn't even see them my son with his 20/20 saw them) there roughly 6-1/2" down from the top, well above the seal travel area..let me know if you can use it..email me at [email protected] with your address and I'll get the shipping amount..Thanks, Buddy[8D]