Cylinder Sleeves

Started by OUCWBOY, April 07, 2006, 09:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OUCWBOY

Back over a year ago, I had 24 "D" cylinder sleeves reproduced and have since sold them all. I have had a few inquires from folks needing to re-sleeve their cylinders, but I am out. I spoke with the manufacturer today and he can pop out more for me if there is an interest. The cost is less per sleeve if I order 24. If I order only 12 the cost almost doubles. How may of you would be interested in purchasing a sleeve or a sleeve with a std piston as a set?

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

firstturn

Donny,
  Put me in for two.  Thanks for going to the trouble and expense to get these done.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

OUCWBOY

Ron,
Thanks. Two super "D" sleeves for my friend in Baja Oklahoma.

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

Rocket

I like that "Bajo Oklahoma".  :D
Rocket

firstturn

Rocket,
  Well my Hero Will Rogers was from North Texas so Donny has renamed me Baja Ron.........we have fun.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

OUCWBOY

Not to mention the other greats from Oklahoma: Freddie Nix, Gary Nixon, Mike Lewis, and on the other sports side, Mickey Mantle and Johnny Bench, just to name a few.

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

VICTOR MONZ

Donny:

I would be interested in at least one, maybe two.  I will e-mail you this weekend when I check the inventory of my rod kits too.

I will e-mail direct, if ok.

I also, am putting together my shopping list for my Bekshire project.

Talk to you soon....Hope you're feeling well..I'm beginning to improve also.

Thanks.

Victor

Chakka

Hi Donny,

What about rod kits? any interest getting more of those made up? I have a Sachs in need.

Chris

OUCWBOY

I think there are some of the Rod Kits that Marc Biro had done still floating around somewhere. Might send Marc an e-mail.

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

thrownchain

I E mailed you direct, but from the looks of this post, there is definately a market for motor parts in general. And as long as people are building motors and more bikes are being rebuilt the market should be there. Not a get rich, quick plan but a steady one.

thrownchain  6 Days project[^]

OUCWBOY

Well, so far I have 8 sleeves spoken for. Anyone else?? I would like to have at least 12 taken before I order.

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

deek

One for me Donny.

Dale Walter

sixdazed

Hi Donny,Pardon my ignorance but can the d sleeve be used in b motors if ports are matched to the liner?any idea on price for the whole shabang?Can't pop for one right away but i am starting to see the light at the end of the financial tunnel,so hopefully soon,say within a month or so.Hope all is well with you.Thanks,Ric

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50
Most in progress..                      so many projects-so little time...

OUCWBOY

Ric,
Yes, Just match up the ports and you'd be close to the Famous GS Pro porting.
Got a call back today from the sleeve maker and am sad to say that the price has increased a ton, plus was told they are behind over 12 weeks. I am now looking for another source to make these up. I do have the master, so that's not a problem.

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

firstturn

Donny,
  Keep us informed.  Also, I don't know if ARHMA is ever going to understand that some people would like to have a 100 class??  You might ask how many sleeves you could sell for the 100cc Sachs.  I probably have some specs that I would be happy to share if you ever feel there is enough interest.  Any interest out there???

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh