Case bearing replacements

Started by huskyrider390, April 13, 2006, 04:42:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

huskyrider390

I have a general question regarding replacment case bearings. Although for my Husky, it seems maybe you Penton guys may have run into this too. I'm trying to get a bearing for my Husky, but I get a different one, the supplier telling me the new one is better. The new one has less ball bearings then the old, and it has a different race holding the balls in place.
I'm looking for a SKF 3205 c/3 and get something different. Anyone out here have any dealings with this with any of your bikes, and if possible, some suggestions as to where to get the same bearing I want? Here is a link to view bearings. Old on left, new on right.

http://groups.msn.com/VintageHusqvarnaMotorcycles/bearings.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=160

thanks,
George

Rain Man

This may be elementary:    Forest Stahl, listed in the suppliers page may be able to shed some light on this subject.

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

BrianTaylor

George 3205 series is a popular European series  Normally in the usa they use the 5200 series. We have them in Canada also it is a popular bearing  . Modern technology has allowed bearing manufactures to move from brass and steel cages to new Poly cages  Not sure what your supplier is giving you but  if you need help in acquiring 3205/c3 I can help you ,,, Brian Taylor  ( just celebrated 30 years with Canadian Bearings [:0] )

Brian Taylor
Brian Taylor

Speedy

Quotequote:Originally posted by BrianTaylor

George 3205 series is a popular European series  Normally in the usa they use the 5200 series. We have them in Canada also it is a popular bearing  . Modern technology has allowed bearing manufactures to move from brass and steel cages to new Poly cages  Not sure what your supplier is giving you but  if you need help in acquiring 3205/c3 I can help you ,,, Brian Taylor  ( just celebrated 30 years with Canadian Bearings [:0] )

Brian Taylor

Yeaaaaa,..and we are a METRIC NATION,.->>>
Speedy----->>>>>>>[8D];)

Helmut Clasen KTM
162 Hillcrest Ave
L9H 4Y3
Dundas Ontario Canada
Ph.905-627-5349
[email protected]
http://speedy_c.tripod.com
Sachs MC-GS 250-7A reeds
Hercules 350-7A 77
Hercules 250-7A 76
Hercules 250 GS 7A 77
Zuendapp 125 GS
KTM 200 EXC 2003
KTM DUKE 96 Spec.

Lew Mayer

We're gettin' there Speedy. Slowly but we're getting there. We Americans are hard heads. At least some of us.[}:)]

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

huskyrider390

Thanks for the help guys, I'll give Forest call.

George

Rain Man

Hey Lew, just remember, the American tolerances are tighter than the metrics !!  Dont be fooled, American Industry have  been using metrics for years, and now: where building both into everything, including F100 jet fighter motors !!

Just dont start on Wentworth [8D]  3/19" just dosent fit anymore:D

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons