1975 Penton 250 Parts/Restoration bike

Started by Yeravener, April 13, 2006, 07:29:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yeravener

For Sale: 75 Penton 250. $300.00

Pics here: http://s78.photobucket.com/albums/j99/Yeravener/Penton/

I wanted to restore this bike, but just have no time.....too many other projects demanding my time and $$$$.

Local pickup only, please. I thought I would give you folks a chance before ebaying the bike. It just seems right :)

Thank you,
James

Rain Man

Hi James, tell me the bikes located in Portland maine.  If your in the New England area I'll take it.

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

Yeravener

My apologies...I am used to my city/state showing in my avatar on other forums....

I am in Lancaster CA, about 60 miles northeast of Los Angeles in the High Desert.

454MRW

I would like to have it if there is someone who could help transport it somewhat closer to Illinois to a show or race, or Texas when I take some bikes down to Kevin at Circle F in Houston around the week of the 24th of April. Mike [email protected] Daytime ph. (618)-793-2200

Michael R. Winter
1974 250 Harescrambler
1975 250 HS Project
1977 250 MC5 Project
1978 250 MX6  
1979 250 KTM Project
1980 250 MX KTM
Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1976 Penton MC5 400
1977 KTM MC5 125
1978 KTM 78 GS6 250
L78-79 MX6 175-250 KTM\\\'s
1976-78 125-400 RM\\\'s
2007 CR125R Honda
1977 MC250 Maico
2017 KTM Freeride 250R

husky450cr

James,

I am in Phoenix and have family in So Cal...tell me more about the bike, does it have compression and does it shift...?

Thanks a ton

Shawn Warner
(2) 72 Jackpiners

Shawn Warner
Shawn Warner
(2) 1972 Penton 175 Jackpiners

Yeravener

Hello.

I received many, many emails from interested buyers, all local to me who can pick the bike up, and am working my way through them now. I will post back if none of them chooses to buy it.

The bike does kick over, with seeemingly strong compression. The carb slide is missing, along with the throttle, and the petcock is missing as well. It looks like the previous owner used this bike for parts to put on another. Other small parts are missing as well. It has sat outside for the last month or so, but was in a garage prior to that, so it isn't rusty. The rest of the bike is as you see in the photos.

Thank you,
James

husky450cr

Thanks for the reply James...and good luck.

Shawn Warner
Shawn Warner
(2) 1972 Penton 175 Jackpiners

Yeravener

The first buyer was called away and backed out of the deal. I am just putting it on Ebay with no reserve, as I realize I have no idea how much this bike is worth and I am cleaning out my garage and really want it gone. If you are interested, please visit:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Other-Makes-Penton-1975-Penton-250-for-Restoration-Parts-NO-RESERVE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6719QQitemZ4633140057QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Thank you,
James

Yeravener

Ebay auction closes in 15 hours and the bike is at $211....seems like a good deal, especially as it is LESS than I originally posted it for here.

:D

thrownchain

Down to 6hrs, still at $211.oo, if the owner was a little more patient on this site, I think he could have done alot better. But we'll see at the end of the auction.;)

thrownchain

SOLD FOR   $211.50   Heck of a deal.[8D]

Yeravener

I understand the sentiments, thrownchain, and am sure you are correct, but I am in the middle of cleaning out my garage and sideyard, and the extra space with the bike gone as well as the  ability to move on to the next task is as paramount as the amount of money I can get for it. In sum, it was worth it to take less $$ to have it removed quickly.

Rest assured, it went to a good Penton-loving home [8D].

thrownchain

Thats all you can ask or hope for.