1972 Penton Six Day 125cc MAKE OFFER

Started by motorhed454ss, May 04, 2006, 03:28:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

motorhed454ss

First year of the chrome-moly frame. Engine ran when it was put into storage in 1996. It was just brought out. I got it from the original owner. I will try to get it running this weekend. It needs restoration but its 99% complete and original. The only things missing are the boot from carb to airbox and maybe a small heat shield if it ever had one on the left side but i'm not sure. It was yellow but has been painted blue. The engine kicks and sounds ready to run. I'll put some new gas and a plug in it and fire it up this weekend if I have time. The handlebars aren't even bent! Email me for pictures. I don't know what its worth exactly but I DO NOT WANT offers of a few hundred bucks! From what I can estimate, its easily worth over $2000 restored and would not cost more than a few hundred to restore. I'm located in Lake Orion, Michigan 48362

Rain Man

are you anywhere near Mars ? :D

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

thrownchain

The place to find BIG $$$$ is E bay.[^]

socalmx

What happened to the days when you could buy a complete bike that needed cosmetic work for a reasonable price? I purchsed my '72 Six Day in 1984 for $25 as a complete bike in need of a complete restoration. Ebay is a plus for certain "must have" items that you are willing to throw dollars at to get. I do that from time to time but I really enjoy a motorcycle swap meet where you find some treasure for next to nothing. Oh, the good old days.

thrownchain

Bargains are getting harder to find, I remember $.48 gal. gas and you could buy a winter rat to drive for $300.00. I payed $250.00 for the NH Penton and picked up a Bultaco and a Hodaka fairly cheap.  The good old days are out there, they just don't happen often.

flattracker23

I am leaving tonight to pick up a Penton Six Day 125 I bought for $100.

Spencer Gaydon
Lubbock, TX

1968 Penton Six-Day 125 Steel Tanker (V 774)
1968 Penton Six-Day 125 Steel Tanker (V 1194)
1972 Penton / Wassell Mudlark Trials Bike (W 397 ST)

Rain Man

Welcome to the Penton Owners group anyway Mr. Motorhed !!  Good luck with your ventures and as always,   Have fun !

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

pdserra56

Quotequote:Originally posted by motorhed454ss

First year of the chrome-moly frame. Engine ran when it was put into storage in 1996. It was just brought out. I got it from the original owner. I will try to get it running this weekend. It needs restoration but its 99% complete and original. The only things missing are the boot from carb to airbox and maybe a small heat shield if it ever had one on the left side but i'm not sure. It was yellow but has been painted blue. The engine kicks and sounds ready to run. I'll put some new gas and a plug in it and fire it up this weekend if I have time. The handlebars aren't even bent! Email me for pictures. I don't know what its worth exactly but I DO NOT WANT offers of a few hundred bucks! From what I can estimate, its easily worth over $2000 restored and would not cost more than a few hundred to restore. I'm located in Lake Orion, Michigan 48362

pdserra56

[:p] Coud you send me some photos, anyway I will pay less than 1000: [email protected]

thrownchain

I'll make an offer of $500.00, I'll pick it up and pay CASH.[^]

thrownchain

Hey motorhed454ss, are you related to 16Honda1?? I chased him around for a couple of weeks to finally buy the Penton he had. Are we going to have to wait and wonder whats going on with this bike or are you going to keep us in the loop????

thrownchain

Hello motorhed......are you out there????..... waiting for a reply......contact  asap......[xx(]

thrownchain

If you're not going to follow through with your ad, or at least make a valid attempt, why bother????? You found out it wasn't worth what you might of imagined and now you just ignore everybody. Not the way to conduct business, I retract my cash offer.  Sorry[V]

Larry Perkins

Don't know this guy but right off the bat he said he DIDN'T want offers of a few hundred dollars.  Perhaps that is why he did not respond.

Larry P