Jackpiner Case boo-boo

Started by John Ehrhart, May 12, 2006, 03:02:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Ehrhart

I just put my Jackpiner engine back together after replacing the mains (don't ask how long it's been apart--I have kids older than that!)
Then I noticed a few stray shims from the kickstart shaft and another from the transmission laying on my workbench.
Well, it seems the new bearings don't come apart as the originals. Some gentle prying has not persuaded them to part from their intimate fit.
Any ideas before it becomes a boat anchor?

Thanks in advance.

John the chagrined
\\"If life were fair, Elvis would be alive and all the impersonators would be dead.\\"
--Johnny Carson

G Ellis

John, before you use the motor for a boat anchor, I will put it together for you. The shims, one goes on the clutch cluster, the other one goes under the the sprocket cluster. If you need some help email me and I will give you my number. Later Gary

John Ehrhart

Well, the horror of it is I knew exactly where they go when I saw them.
The problem is that those new bearings don't separate at the race as the originals; so it doesn't come apart as easily.
Do you think heat would help?

John
\\"If life were fair, Elvis would be alive and all the impersonators would be dead.\\"
--Johnny Carson

G Ellis

Do you have a case splitter? This makes the job alot easier. If you don't I might be able to sell you one or let you use one. I wouldn't put any heat to it. Later Gary

John Ehrhart

I do not have such a device.
Who makes them?

John
--Johnny Carson

G Ellis

I reproduced a few of them and have some left. I will send you a photo if you email me off line. Later Gary