Missouri Vintage MX Memorial day

Started by Curtis Harper, May 14, 2006, 07:24:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curtis Harper

Hello all and sorry to onnly post when we are racing, but I only have one basket case penton and two modern KTM's so I don't reaaly have anything ewlse to offer the group except one heck of a fun weekend coming up.

Those of you who have not yet made it to our Memorial Day Weekdend event, ask anyone who has, we keep you busy riding your motorcycles.
I know how little fun money we all have after just filling the tank to get to the track, so my promise to you is to do everything I can to make this weekend worth every gallon.

Thanks for letting me post.

Memorial Day Weekend Schedule:
Hare Scramble Entry $30 9 AM sign up 10:15 parade lap 10:30 am Start If there are enough, I may run two separate hours. Divided by rider level. Expert riders will have tougher sections than the novice and intermediate. This will be decided by rider turnout. So show up early and be ready to ride. Classes: Vintage 0 – 200cc, Vintage 201cc +, PV 0 – 200cc, PV 201cc +, separated novice, intermediate, expert Trophies 1, 2, 3 each class

Drags. This is a 300 ft dirt drag just for fun. Last year we did have radar and fasted bike was a big bore KX at 53 mph. Bring your big bore and see if you can top it. Entry $5 Sign up after Hare Scramble Open to all bikes 1985 and older, double eliminations. Classes: kids 50cc, 60 to 100cc 2 stroke, 60 to 100 4 stroke, 100cc, 125cc, 250cc, Open Trophies: 1 per class winner

100cc Vintage Nationals by Strictly Hodaka. Last year this event was won by Mr. Lentz (I think thats right) a Penton 100. DOn't let the Hodaka boys show you up. Entry $30 Sign up starts 2:00 Practice 2:30, Races 3:00 Classes: Vintage pre 1975 Novice, Advanced and PV 1976 and later Novice and Advanced Trophies to all participants.

Pit bike Races. Intermission entertainment this year Provided by Bullhead / Orion monster Pit Bikes. This no entry fee one moto event will be split by vintage pre 1985 machines limited to 80cc, and modern pit bikes up to 120cc wheel sizes 12 " rear and 14" front. Trophies: none, notta, zilch, but you can lie to your friends all you want.

Hillclimb, this no entry fee event will end the days festivities in its usual humor fashion I am sure. Pit bikes and 100cc machines welcome. Last year ended up in drag races on the hill. Trophies: Be real, it's a pit bike hill climb for heaven sakes.

Both days there is always a big swap meet in the pits so bring your spares and wares.

Bonfire Saturday night usually resembles an apartment house fire for a short while.

Sunday Full MOVMX program 8 AM sign up as usual.

tlanders

It will be a great fun weekend. Anyone have a Bershire they will loan me for the 100cc National?

Teddy

pketchum

The story was told of the 100cc Nationals this past weekend of one of the best races of the day was between Randy Smith (HOD) and the dynamic duo of Teddy Landers/Mike Lenz (PEN).  It was told that Mike asked Teddy if they could "team up" to beat the Hodaka of Randy Smith who was their main competition.  Teddy agreed and the 100's lined up for the first moto of the day.

It was a drag race for the first turn and neither rider would shut off first causing BOTH riders to overshoot the first turn.  Once underway it was nip & tuck with the lead changing over and over and Randy edged Teddy out for the win in moto 1.

In moto 2 it was all Mike Lenz who ran away from the competition and crossed the finish line in first garnering a 2-1 for the day which beat Smith's 1-2.  To hear the story first hand from both competitor's was fun; each wearing wide smiles and their eyes were dancing as they recounted the memory!

Congratulations to each of these riders for an outstanding display of sportsmanship and riding skills!

Phil Ketchum
Phast Phil
Moderator, Hodaka Owners Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Hodaka