WTB 78 GS Tank

Started by DKWRACER, June 06, 2006, 05:03:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DKWRACER

Hello and greetings from Colorado. Have a need for the GS tank for 78 400, this tank is similar to the white MC5 tank but slightly larger, my frame has the u-shaped front tank catch, if important, thanks in advance...
Tom Brosius
Thomas Brosius

DKWRACER

Oh!  the "penton" net, without a tank, I will proceed.....Gimmee "silver, blue, and gold"
My Rainbow, is yet overdue..................
do you dream?
Very Lucky, to be in our company!
This one, will take some time.[:p]
Thanks! from Mile Hi Pentons
Thomas Brosius

454MRW

Tom,
You are welcome to my plastic desert tank that was on my 1978 MC5 when I bought it last December. I have one of the smaller white MX tanks that I bought for it and new decals, so I will not be using the desert tank. Mike [email protected]
I know you can't always go by the pictures, but all of the pictures of the GS versions I have seen didn't have the U shaped front tank bracket, only the MC5. Does the 78 GS bikes also have it? My 78 MC5, an extra frame, and my brothers MC5 frame number starts with # 855, which I read somewhere is the 78 MC5 frame designation. What does your frame number start with?
Michael R. Winter
1974 250 HS-1980 250
Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1976 Penton MC5 400
1977 KTM MC5 125
1978 KTM 78 GS6 250
L78-79 MX6 175-250 KTM\\\'s
1976-78 125-400 RM\\\'s
2007 CR125R Honda
1977 MC250 Maico
2017 KTM Freeride 250R

tofriedel

Tom,

You have an email.

Tony
Tony

DKWRACER

Mike, thanks for the reply. My frame is also 855 designation and came with the MC5 tank and u-shaped front bracket. Have always been wanting to build a GS version, so would be interested if the desert tank will fit under the front bracket, email to follow, Thanks again.
Tom Brosius
Thomas Brosius

Chrisbo

Tom,

Will you be selling the MC5 tank that you are taking off, as my 78 250 came with a 80 or 81 tank on it when I got it

Cheers
Chris

DKWRACER

Hello Chris, I have decided to keep my MC5 tank. Tony, whom has also responded, may have an MC5 tank. Thanks, Tom Brosius
Thomas Brosius

Chrisbo

Thanks Tom,

Tony said he has a tank

Cheers
Chris.

firstturn

Chrisbo,
  If you will email me later next week(I am out of town for a few days) I will send you pictures of the extra tanks I have to see if I have what you need.

[email protected]

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Chrisbo

Thanks Ron, Will Do and I'll send a picture of the type I'm after.

Cheers
Chris.