ISDT Reunion Ride

Started by Jeff D, June 16, 2006, 06:31:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chuck

Sounds like a great event. Does you're bike need to be street legal or have any off road stickers?

Thanks,

Chuck
72 125 Six Days
72 100 Berkshire
74 250 Hare Scrambles
72 Wassel

pketchum

Chuck,

It really depends upon the club that is hosting the event but generally speaking, NO!  It merely needs to look legal and of course be a vintage bike (unless you're a ISDT/E veteran).  Sometimes connector roads are used to connect the trail segments together so to be *legal* in the eyes of the law you should have insurance, registration, headlight/taillight, horn, license plate, as well as your drivers license on your person.  Stating this in the requirements apparently keeps the sponsoring club out of legal hot water I think.  But the reality is that registration is NOT checked, nor are there checks of working lights/horn or drivers license. You simply make your motorcycle appear to be street legal in the eyes of the law during the event (I've never seen a LEO while at any of the four ISDTRR's I've ridden in).  I've seen people scan a headlight lens, then laminate it and tape it inside their headlight mask.  I've seen several laminated license plates that are affixed to their rear fender which is what I will do this year also.  

The spirit of the event is to honor those who have participated for the glory of the USA in ISDT/E events as they are indeed Olympic-caliber athletes who ride on two-wheels, and also to ride vintage enduro machines, many of which are really well-prepared/clean examples of their marque.  It is truly the best event of the year in my opinion, with Mid-Ohio's Vintage Motorcycle Days coming in a rather distant second (and I LOVE VMD too).

Phil
Phast Phil
Moderator, Hodaka Owners Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Hodaka

sixdazed

Anyone from California or Arizona driving out with room for one bike?????Will share exspenses of course.If so please let me know.Thanks,Ric----never mind.found a bike in indiana need to get it from there to st louis.Help!!!!!!!

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50
Most in progress..                      so many projects-so little time...

Larry Perkins

At Park Hills you won't have to have all that stuff.  Bolt any headlight and tailight on and enter.  You will be good to go and will have the ride and time of your life.

Larry P

Dwight Rudder

Lots of guys in the Vinduro camp still signing up.
The Missouri Mudders are having Dave Mungenast Memorial Stickers made.
Pre Entry ends Oct.15 with riders numbers posted by Oct. 20th. so the riders can get their numbers.
The open house at Dave's Museum on Thursday night should be a moving event.
I can't wait !
It's going to be EPIC!
Dwight [:p]

Dwight Rudder
7 time ISDT / E medalist
8 time National Enduro Class Champion.

Dwight Rudder

Lots of guys in the Vinduro camp still signing up.
The Missouri Mudders are having Dave Mungenast Memorial Stickers made.
Pre Entry ends Oct.15 with riders numbers posted by Oct. 20th. so the riders can get their numbers.
The open house at Dave's Museum on Thursday night should be a moving event.
I can't wait !
It's going to be EPIC!
Dwight [:p]

Dwight Rudder
7 time ISDT / E medalist
8 time National Enduro Class Champion.

CharlieT

Quotequote:Originally posted by Larry Perkins

At Park Hills you won't have to have all that stuff.  Bolt any headlight and tailight on and enter.  You will be good to go and will have the ride and time of your life.

Larry P

Was looking at the supplemental rules and it says must have license plate..........so what you are saying is that if I just pulled the plate off my old GoldWing and bolted that on the Penton, it would be good to go?

firstturn

Charlie T,
  All you need is a license plate;).

Ron Carbaugh
Kerrville, Texas
Ron Carbaugh

johnnycrash

I've been using a temp tag I found in the garbage for the past 5 years!

sixdazed

Hi All,I got a bike to ride in ISDTRR but may need help getting it to either the museum in St. Louis where my friend Dave Burstworks,or to the event.Anyone going past Newburgh,Indiana on the way there?I can assist with fuel money and be indebted for life (i'm already in debt for life anyway!).I think i have its ride home covered-Big THANKS to brother Ron Carbaugh!It's not a Penton,but a nice little blue Hercules gs125 7 speed,but please don't hold that against me.Actually it looks to be a good little bike with some tidying up.Speedy even approved of it-although its not up to his specification yet.Any help with its transport to the event would be super.Would love to finally be able to make it to one of these and meet many of you,ride,and maybe a cold beverage after.Cheers-Thanks,Ric

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50

454MRW

Ric,
I live 115 miles Northwest of Newburgh, which would be backtracking, but could pick the bike up for you a day or two before leaving for the RR if no one is actually going past there. I will have plenty of room for it and even a couple more if there is any more needing transportation. I plan on going early on Thursday morning to do some trail riding with Phast Phil before heading back to the museum Thursday evening. Call or email me with the address if you need any help.
Mike Winter
16251 N. 1550th St.
Newton IL. 62448
Ph. 618-793-2200
[email protected]

Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1974 250 HS Pentons-1980 KTM 250'S
Michael R. Winter
1976 Penton MC5 400
1977 KTM MC5 125
1978 KTM 78 GS6 250
L78-79 MX6 175-250 KTM\\\'s
1976-78 125-400 RM\\\'s
2007 CR125R Honda
1977 MC250 Maico
2017 KTM Freeride 250R

sixdazed

Thanks Mike-if no one else is going right by there i'll get ahold of you.Appreciate the Hero type offer!Getting less and less details to take care of the closer we get,so i may actually get to this one.I consider it a Must Do....Can't wait!Thanks again,Ric

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50

firstturn

Mike,
  Thanks for offering to help Ric.  Also, if the package that has the piston doesn't arrive by Monday afternoon give me a call and I will track it down.

Ron Carbaugh
Kerrville, Texas
Ron Carbaugh

454MRW

Ron,
Thanks for your great effort! I unfortuantely will be working out of town Monday and possibly not returning until Tuesday night, so I am right now painting my 74 1/2 175 engine that is fresh from Gary's shop to install it in the 125 chassis after I made sure the 125 exhaust pipe and engine would fit in the chassis for my backup bike. The 125 engine can be installed after the RR. I don't want to press my luck, especially if the gaskets take longer than anticipated to make. Mike

Michael R. Winter
1974 250 HS Pentons-1980 KTM 250'S
Michael R. Winter
1976 Penton MC5 400
1977 KTM MC5 125
1978 KTM 78 GS6 250
L78-79 MX6 175-250 KTM\\\'s
1976-78 125-400 RM\\\'s
2007 CR125R Honda
1977 MC250 Maico
2017 KTM Freeride 250R

CharlieT

Gol durn it!! Finally got the "boss" Ok to go, was going to order the tires today and came into work and went to request the time off. There are two of us that cover about 75 inpatients here on this unit at this VA. We cover for each other as far as taking time off and only one of us can be off at a time. Guess what......I had forgotten my partner is off duty at the end of the month...including two of the three days I would need to be off to make this event. Oh well.