New MX track at Mid-Ohio

Started by Gary Roach, June 25, 2006, 12:45:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary Roach

In case you haven't heard, Mid-Ohio changed the motocross track again this year. Here's quite a few pictures of the new track. I don't know what changes, if any, will be made for the Vintage Days races.

http://www.pitracer.com/photo-gallery.php?pageid=733&page=1

Gary

Dwight Rudder

Sad, I liked the Grass track style event.

Dwight

Dwight Rudder
7 time ISDT / E medalist
8 time National Enduro Class Champion.

rob w

Hip, hip, Hurray  !!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Gary,

61g

socalmx

With all that exposed soil does that mean our bikes will get dirty?

Dwight Rudder

VERY DIRTY if it rains.  Unpreped grass better.
Dwight

Dwight Rudder
7 time ISDT / E medalist

Larry Perkins

Dwight,

Properly watered and disked these things called berms develop and MX goes from the 60's to the 70's.  The real question will be can Dick Mann allow the AHRMA "Big Show" to advance into the 70's?  I will believe it when I see it.  But it makes sense it would happen this year as I will be bringing the 1963 Cotton.

Larry P

Lew Mayer

Looking forward to seeing that Cotton. What class does that run in Larry?

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

Larry Perkins

250 Cotton Cobra goes in Premier Lightweight.  Also bringing the PENTAHA(71 Yamaha AT1MX motor in 72 PENTON chassis) for Classic 125 class.  Might also bring 84 KTM 125 waterpumper for 125 Ultima class.  I am basing all of this on the hope that the Doctor releases me from this sling tomorrow when the collarbone gets X-rays.  I am making the trip either way.

Larry P

Dwight Rudder

Quotequote:Originally posted by Larry Perkins

Dwight,

Properly watered and disked these things called berms develop and MX goes from the 60's to the 70's.  The real question will be can Dick Mann allow the AHRMA "Big Show" to advance into the 70's?  I will believe it when I see it.  But it makes sense it would happen this year as I will be bringing the 1963 Cotton.

Larry P

I prefer ISDT type MX tests.  Remember last year and how muddy the course was ?  Unprepped grass would have been better.  Of course that is just me.
Dwight

Dwight Rudder
7 time ISDT / E medalist

Larry Perkins

I like grass track too, Dwight.  I was just rattling your cage.:D

Larry P

socalmx

I am bringing my '72 125 "Ascot Special" from sunny southern California to race at Mid Ohio for the first time. I am use to the clay like soil we have in California so should be interesting to experience a midwestern track. If it becomes really muddy, I came up with an idea to keep somewhat clean. I picked up a couple of pairs of disposable coveralls to wear over my riding gear. That way I can keep most of the mud away from my riding gear and make cleaning up much easier. The plus to this plan is that the coveralls will give me that "Elvis" look!

tomale

why bother with the coveralls, I thought that riding gear was built to get dirty,:D It is not like the old daze when we had to worry about getting our "leathers" dirty, At the end of a race I throw mine in the washer along with the rest of clothes from the weeked and they come out clean....[8D]

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
75' GS400 (project bike)
72'sixday (project bike)
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

rob w

Q: Will Adam Giddings be racing again this year ?

Q: Who all's coming?

Mid-Ohio's always awesome, can't wait to see you there.

Bob W
Sat. - VMX Spt. 500 Int....... '74 1/2 Penton 400... # 61 g
Sun. - PVMX Gran Prix 500 Int. .......'79 KTM 400... # 61 g

Gary Roach

Rob,

Yes, Adam will be riding again on Saturday. I talked to him earlier today, and I think I got him talked in to riding 4 Expert classes: Open Age, Classic 125, Sportsman 125, and Sportsman 250, all on Kent Knudson's bikes.

I decided not to ride Kent's 250 this year so that Adam can ride it. Adam is pretty exciting to watch ride, so I think it will be worth it. I'll just stay in the pit area and play Crew Chief.

Gary

rob w

Alright !, thanks Gary, thanks Kent, that's great to hear Adam's riding again. This year I'll be on that side of the hill, so I can watch him.

Bob