maybe for sale - 1968 Berkshire

Started by mlake01, July 28, 2006, 02:48:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mlake01

Greetings,

As much as I have regretted every single bike I've ever sold, I am thinking about selling my 1968 Berkshire project.  It is a very complete bike, serial number 596.  Does not currently run, but it did when parked about 20+ years ago.  It does turn over, however.  It needs a total restoration, but it's way too complete to become a parts bike.  I had planned to resto it and ride AHRMA cross country on it, but I'm just too wrapped up in playing with my Hodakas and my Monark at this point.

Like I said, I'm not positive I want to sell it, but I also know it will be years before I get to working on it.  I'm not interested in letting it go for pennies, so don't get your hopes up about stealing it for nothing ;)  Maybe I'll bring it to the AHRMA event in Chehalis, WA on August 12/13.

Any interest out there?

Mike Lake
Bend, OR

sixdazed

Mike,I might be interested-please shoot me an e-mail with more info if you can.Also you have mail.Thanks, Ric

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50
Most in progress..                      so many projects-so little time...

Keithuu

Hey Mike;
In my opinion at least, you may as well start gathering parts for the resto cuz' for darn sure you're not gonna get what you think it's worth[B)]

The Voice of Experience

Keithuu
Keithuu

firstturn

Mike,
  I would like to see some pictures of the bike.  Ric was the first to answer your ad and he should be first in line.  I already have a '68 Berkshire, but I am always looking for other projects since mine is an original bike and I do not intend to do a restoration of it at this time.  Thanks.

[email protected]

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

thrownchain

Another gold digger???? It's only worth what some one is willing to pay, that's the bottom line. What you think it's worth, and what someone is willing to pay may be a ways apart.. I haven't seen pics, but I know some people have an out of line concept of what it's worth.  The big $$$ is on E bay, But don't be surprized if you don't get what you think it's worth.

sixdazed

Mike,Nice bike with great potential but i think i'll have to pass on it as i have some other irons in the fire.Have cmf's i must get parts for and finish them first.It's all yours Ron!
                                           Thanks, Ric

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50

mlake01

No, I'm not just another gold digger, and I kind of resent the comment to be totally honest with you.  I won't lower myself to that level and pollute this forum with name calling.  I know the bike is only worth what someone will pay for it, and I also know what it's worth to me - I always wanted a Penton when I was a teenager and now I have one.  Maybe I'll just keep it.  I merely thought that if I was going to consider selling it, I would give the fine folks on this forum that appreciate Pentons the first crack at it.  Sure, I could put it on Ebay, or worse yet - I could part it out and make 2x the money - all the while disrespecting the bike and ensuring it will never live again.  I wouldn't do that.  Maybe I'll just clean it up real nice and just hang it on the wall in my den.

Take care,
Mike

Quotequote:Originally posted by thrownchain

Another gold digger???? It's only worth what some one is willing to pay, that's the bottom line. What you think it's worth, and what someone is willing to pay may be a ways apart.. I haven't seen pics, but I know some people have an out of line concept of what it's worth.  The big $$$ is on E bay, But don't be surprized if you don't get what you think it's worth.

firstturn

Actually the bike is nice and I feel priced right.  Thanks Mike for the pictures.  And if I was you I would keep it since it is the first year Penton.  Thanks for offering it on on the Penton Owner's Group.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

rpage11

I saw sixdazed last week and he showed me the pictures you sent him of your bike.  If I were you, I'd hang on to it.  You'll probably never see anything as complete and ready for restoration, as you have, ever again.  I agree with Ron, the price you were talking about with sixdazed was very fair.  Skip
Skip Page
Tucson, AZ
www.robertpagearchitect.com

sixdazed

Skip and all,That's for sure.It's a great start for restoration because it's so complete.But after having a talk with myself decided i need to FINISH a project or three before tackling any more.I say keep it Mike, and do it someday down the road.Just my humble opinion.Oh yeah-Skip-had a gas riding with you yesterday-even though we were on modern bikes!Let's do it again next weekend...Ric

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50