Mr. August would you please stand up

Started by cubfan1968, August 06, 2006, 12:25:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cubfan1968

Every month when I flip the calender page I wonder how that bike got to look like that. Well now I'm asking. Ron Carbaugh you are up first.

Rod Whitman
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)
Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)

DKWRACER

Hey Rod, kinda, canna, sorta looks like a Desert Mint 400, oh but wait! A sachs powered Mint 400! Hey RC you missed the petcocks and the cable backstraps! Anyway, looks like "no other Penton" which is just fine with me, and those handle bars? [}:)]
LT
Thomas Brosius

firstturn

Hey TB (DKW RACER) you missed the chain;).  I was really hoping that people would notice...that means you are looking at the Great Calender that Randy does for us every year.  I wasn't finished with the bike when the deadline of the calender, but this is the bike that started as a throw away which I bought from Bill Smith after getting out of the hospital.  It took me over 2 years to get it to this point.  Ok, course I helped a lot of other people with their projects during that time.

When I bought the bike it was a what I thought was a rust bucket with no engine and a stuck frontend.  Actually the frame only had surface rust and the front end was assembled wrong.....the rest is just working towards a goal I had since 1975 of having a White 100 MX Berkshire.  Dreams do come true.  Thanks for the comments.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh