The passing of a legend

Started by tomale, August 06, 2006, 10:02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomale

It is with great sadness I post this message. Jim Pomeroy died this weekend in Yakima, WA in a jeep accident. Details are sketchy but we are close-knit group and word travels quickly. Please remember Jim and his family in your prayers. His big ol' grin and infectious personality will be missed.
Godspeed Jim
_______Charlie Branstetter
'is there anything Mo' Beta'

My friend Charlie called me and told me the terrible news, I am just about at a loss for words but here it is. It evedently happend today about noon. Please keep the Pomoeroy family in your prayers, I know you are so good about that, Thanks

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
75' GS400 (project bike)
72'sixday (project bike)
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

Jeff D

Jimbo was such a fun-loving guy with a great appreciation for life and motorcycles.  I got to hang out with him at one of the Missouri VMX events a couple of years ago and he was just a hoot.  It is so sad when these legends, the heroes of our youth, are no longer with us to share stories and knowledge.
God speed, Jimbo

Jeff DeBell
Jeff DeBell

chicagojerry

i have spoken to many this evening who knew jim. we are all devastated. i've had the good fortune over the last couple of years to get to know jim well. i spoke to him often and there has been no better ambassador than he for the vintage scene. he leaves a wife  and daughter that he loved dearly. godspeed jim. ahrma will never be the same.. good knowing you.. my heart is heavy.....god bless,
chicago jerry