77 Penton 250

Started by Bob Ross, September 16, 2001, 11:53:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Ross

Have been unable to get the original specs on this bike.  What is the stated dry weight?

Rocket

Bob
As long as you are looking for specs for this machine, I would like to know what the original length of the rear shocks from eye to eye.
thanks
Rocket

Bob Ross

Rocket,
Have no idea, since some one else owns bike..It is a 250 MC 5....How does Penton weight compare to KTM 200 EXC? Which is 213.8 lbs dry...  Bob

bigdanracer

Quotequote:
Have been unable to get the original specs on this bike.  What is the stated dry weight?

Posting 07/2002
Yucaipa CA.
Age 51, maintenance mechanic, two 77 Pentons, 250,400 MC-5s.

Chris Brown

My 78 400 wieghs 232 with a half tank of gas.
Shock length is 13.5" for all the Pentons
Works Performance are the best shocks you can buy for race or trail.
Chris Brown

john durrill

Works is a good outfit. They made a set for my 79 400 I restored a few years back. Just give them all the info they ask for. ( mine came with the springs too soft) told them i was an older rider. chuckle chuckle! Called them and explained I said older not arthritic! They had me return the shocks and replaced the springs no charge.

Bill Campbell

MODERN CYCLE QUOTED 206 LBS FOR 250 IN LATE 76 AND MX ACTION QUOTED 224 LBS FOR THE 400 AT ABOUT THE SAME TIME. I HAVE BOTH MAGS IF YOU NEED TO KNOW MORE

Steve Minor

I think the manual on my 1977 400 GS6 has some 250 "stuff". I'll check out and if it does, I'll send it to you. I believe I have your "snail mail" address....

Steve Minor

Steve Minor

oops.....wrong guy with the '77 250. I'll check it out and post you a note.

Steve Minor