Sachs engine on Ebay

Started by OUCWBOY, August 14, 2006, 07:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OUCWBOY

There is a Sachs 100 engine that has been built at 120cc for $200.00. I emailed the seller about shipping and was told that the buyer is responsible for the shipping. In other words, you must make the arrangements for shipping yourself. Just wanted everyone to know before somone bids and then gets a big surprise.

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

sixdazed

Donny, Did you happen to ask the guy selling it what brand of pumper carb it had on it?Waaaay back in the day i was sponsored on a 6 day with a kendrick pumper carb and porting and it fairly ripped.Just wondering...............Ric

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50
Most in progress..                      so many projects-so little time...

OUCWBOY

Ric,
I didn't ask him anything else, after I found out about the shipping.

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

thrownchain

If any Poggers end up bidding on this motor, I can pick it up for you. Then we can figure out the shipping or I might be able to deliver depending on where you are.[^]

VICTOR MONZ

Donny:

What is the e-bay #...I can't find it.

Victor

thrownchain

Victor,  item #140018846435.

thrownchain

It might be an idea if a Pogger wants this not to bid against him and drive the price up. Just a thought.

Larry Perkins

I am not really interested in this motor but I do believe it is a free country and not bidding if you want something is cheating you and the seller.  First see and it is mine is a bad principle.  Friends are friends but ebay is an auction site and in auctions the highest bidder wins.  My two cents worth.  

Larry P

thrownchain

Good point, but I also won't bid on something if I recognize an opposing bidder. I don't need anything that bad. I know it's highest bidder, but you shouldn't have to pay more than you absolutely have to. Feel free to do what you think is right, and I'll do what I think is right. [^]

firstturn

An auction is suposed to be just that. If you, me or anyone doesn't want to bid against someone else that is fine.....but as far a the principal of not bidding on something to not drive the price up is dumb.  Just watch in the last 10 seconds of an auction when a item price has been kept low...here comes the snipers.  We have discussed this on the POG many times to where to me it is a dead issue.  EBay is eBay.  Bid on it, snipe it or pass, but just leave it off this site.

I know I would not be happy if I was a seller and knew that a group was artificially hold down the price of my auction.  I have actually removed a item for this very reason.  It was not a Penton part, but a outboard racing part.  Funny thing was that the exact person later contacted me to buy the same part[:0].  Well as others say that is my 2 cents.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

thrownchain

That works both ways, I've known people to get friends to bid on things to drive the price up also. But I didn't want to ruffle any feathers either. Just friends helping friends, the same reason I offered to pick it up if someone buys it, the same reason I picked up the bike for Dr. Wassel. Just helping out. Friends????????????????/

firstturn

Thrownchain,
  My comments were not directed at you.  This discussion started many years ago.  I know you help people and you know I have publicly thanked you.  Again this was not directed at you, but when you say don't drive the price up publicly you open yourself up to criticism.  I think that it is and should be a free market..... and sure I don't like paying some of the prices I have had to pay for Penton items, but it is the only way to get certain items.  That's all.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

thrownchain

Fair enough...............

firstturn

Thanks Dan.  And again, thanks for you always stepping up offering to help members.  That is what it is all about...People.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

bentrims

[8]It will be mine[8] I need it so when they tear me down at the next AHRMA race it will only be 120. Ron can we push one of your 100 sleeves in? Even better.