Sachs DKW side covers

Started by AndyL, August 21, 2006, 11:34:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyL

I ended up with a pair of nice side covers for a DKW.  No cracks and really in pretty nice shape.  Cast DKW on both the ignition cover and the clutch cover.

Tag on the one cover is stamped TYP DKW 1251/6B, and with the DKW cast in, I really dont want to use them for a Sachs going in a Penton. Pics are in the link below.

http://target.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/aj67ss00/album?.dir=/5453re2&.src=ph

I need a good ignition side cover, Sachs motor bearings and gaskets, seat foam and cover for a long seat, clutch plates, etc.

I would like to make a fair trade for the side covers to someone who needs DKW covers but would consider selling them outright and just buying the parts I need.  Not looking to make a killing, or to give them away either.

Andy
#14u MOVMX and AHRMA
75 Jackpiner
70 Steeltanker
92 KTM 300
Andy
#14u
MOVMX, AMA, AHRMA

thrownchain

What kind of $$ are you talking?? I've got a DKW I could use covers for, is that a small dent in front of the shaft housing on the clutch cover??

AndyL

Dan,
I was hoping the covers would be worth $80 or so.

I dont think it is a dent in the clutch cover.  I looked the cover over pretty well and dont recall seeing it.  Probably just a dirty spot or shadow but I will check it out this evening.

I would trade both covers for one Sachs or Penton ignition side cover and a good layshaft for a 6B motor.

Andy
#14u MOVMX and AHRMA
75 Jackpiner
70 Steeltanker
92 KTM 300
Andy
#14u
MOVMX, AMA, AHRMA

thrownchain

I might have a cover, not sure about a shaft. I'll check.