HELP WANTED for Sachs D AHRMA Rules Change

Started by Knute, September 11, 2006, 01:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knute

OK guys, I have prepared a Proposal for Rules Change that would allow the Sachs D engine to compete in AHRMA Classic 125.  I presented it at the POG meeting last Thursday and it was met with overwhelming support.  

Now I need your support.  If you have a good working knowledge of the Sachs engine and/or race (or have raced) a Sachs powered machine, please let me know if you are interested in showing your support for this proposal by e-mailing me at [email protected].  I will e-mail you a copy of the proposal as well as some tips for writing a letter of support for this proposal.  

Dane, Ron, Teddy, Terry G., Dennis, Big Dave, Bob, Bill C., etc., etc., we need your help!

Thanks,
Kent
TEAM PENTOVARNA
Kent Knudson
Kevin Brown
Gary & Toni Roach
James & Adam Giddings

firstturn

Kent,
  I am in and you have my email address.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Knute

TEAM PENTOVARNA
Kent Knudson
Kevin Brown
Gary & Toni Roach
James & Adam Giddings

Dennis Jones

Dennis Jones

Knute

TEAM PENTOVARNA
Kent Knudson
Kevin Brown
Gary & Toni Roach
James & Adam Giddings

ossaracer

Kent - I got the e-mail.  Count me TOTALLY in!! I will canvass a couple Trusteees I know will support us also!

Terry

Terry Gates
AHRMA Classic 125 racer
Penton 125 Six Days (2)
Penton 175 Jackpiner
Penton 250 Harescambler (wannabe!!)
Terry Gates
AHRMA racer/Penton-Ossa lover
[email protected]
Penton 100 Berkshire 72 - nice (on the way!!)
Penton 125 Six Days (3)
Penton 175 Jackpiner
Penton 250 Harescambler (2 1/2)  Love \\\'em!!
Mint 400 - sweet

Knute

Thanks Terry!

OK guys, I've had quite a few offers of support but I could still use a few more.  Dane, Teddy, Jerry, Big Dave, etc...we need your help!

Thanks,
Kent
TEAM PENTOVARNA
Kent Knudson
Kevin Brown
Gary & Toni Roach
James & Adam Giddings

chicagojerry

kent, feel free to send me any info to share with some of the "powers that be" in ahrma. i will be glad to discuss it with them at some upcoming races and before. but i am far from knowlegable concerning the sachs motors. but i do know enough that i believe that they belong in classic vs sportsman.  [email protected]
chijer

Knute

Hey Jerry,

I could use a brief letter of support for the proposal.  I just e-mailed you the info so let me know what you think.

Thanks!
Kent
TEAM PENTOVARNA
Kent Knudson
Kevin Brown
Gary & Toni Roach
James & Adam Giddings

chicagojerry

i got the info kent, i will type something up and send it to you prior to sending it off to ahrma... chijer

Knute

Thanks Jerry!  I've got a nice assortment of letters coming in.  I'll just attach them all to the Proposal when I send it in.

Kent
TEAM PENTOVARNA
Kent Knudson
Kevin Brown
Gary & Toni Roach
James & Adam Giddings

bildough

Dirk Williams just sent off a very scathing letter to AHRMA with documentation direct from factory Monark mechanics on why the D model was actually inferior to the GS engines which they used. he included all the specs and diagrams showing port timing end eveything else comparing the B, D and even E engines.
He finished his documentation accusing 2  trustees of using this sachs rule change to further their own business interests and also political reprisals against certain members as the cause for this attempted rule change. My hat is off to Dirk for calling a spade a spade. I hope he will share the text of his proposal with the rest of you.

Bill Cappel

bentrims

Knute,
Are taking the 6 days and Adam to Moberly? I hear the track is alot of fun.
Tom B

imported_n/a

Quotequote:Originally posted by bildough

He finished his documentation accusing Dick mann and 2 other trustees of using this sachs rule change to further their own business interests and also political reprisals against certain members as the cause for this attempted rule change.

I do not believe this.  It is one thing to be against this proposal, I am, but to accuse Dick Mann of doing this to enhance his business interests goes to far.

Knute

Hey Bill,

Thanks for the update.  My proposal is also ready to go, I'm just waiting for a few more letters of support to roll in.

I am very familiar with the issues you guys are dealing with and my hat is off to you guys for the hard work you have put into the Pacific Nortwest Region. On the other hand, I think a scathing letter only serves to dilute our cause and create more tension.  In fact, since you posted your message, I have had several supporters of my proposal e-mail me with these exact concerns.  Regardless of the politics behind the status of the Sachs D engine in Classic 125, I am optimistic that those who are voting on my proposal will look at the facts and statements as they are presented and make the proper decision.

Kent
TEAM PENTOVARNA
Kent Knudson
Kevin Brown
Gary & Toni Roach
James & Adam Giddings