penton

Started by wolfmanonapenton, September 11, 2006, 06:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Jones

Wolfman, Jay, Terry, Curly, Moe or Larry. If you had any decency in you at all, you would rush those trademarks to the Penton family where they belong. Since we know that won't happen, the Penton family will remain one of the most respected and honest names in motorcycle history and yours will be looked on with disgust.
I can't imagine carrying that wieght but you must think a lot of alias' help spread it out.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

Big Mac

If Larry and Jay-Terry meet to "talk" soon...I've got $20 on Larry.

If for nothing else, really bad punctuation upsets me.
Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR

Racer501

It's interesting to me that LP is picking on Terry for being a "fake". Wasn't he the guy selling a "Pentaha"?

Larry Perkins

If all these pretend people will show up at ISDTRR I will publicly appologize that I was wrong on all these alias names.  Guess what?  I won't have to because you are all one and the same and the main one is a coward and would never show up.  By the way when you come bring the bike it would be a great place to show it off.  It will never happen.

Larry P

Larry Perkins

swamp fox

... "Fate worse than the first death
It's incredibly difficult to start up a new motorcycle company, and when beloved marques from motorcycling's past are resurrected, only to die again, the second death often leaves a taste even more sour."
                                            Lance Oliver - AMA

But Penton did not die. It still lives strong in all of us and the KTM brand. The hope to imitate such a grand time by stealing a name of honor by some idiotic paper chase is beyond me or anyone else with moral fortitude.

"All of which is just proof that starting a new company in a capital-intensive industry is incredibly difficult.

And when these ventures fail, the second death of a beloved marque like Indian feels nearly as sad, and leaves a taste even more sour, than the first."

© 2006, American Motorcyclist Association

But this is Penton, and it will always be Penton. So when Terry and his band of dimwits bites the dust of our precious marque, we will all rejoice in knowing what he just can't seem to grasp.

THERE IS ONLY ONE PENTON!!!

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
04 BMW K12GT
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
04 BMW K 1200 GT - KIA in N. Ga. - 32987 smiles
08 BMW K 1200 S
17 Ktm 300 Six Day (50th Aniversary) ;)

bentrims

Touche' Sir Manucy.
Tom Benolkin

"I just want you all to know that if our platoon ever sees heavy combat, I will be right behind you guys all the way"
(Harold Remus) The movie Stripes 1981.
Just a funny side note.
TB

thrownchain

This is for racer 501, why would you think a Pentaha is a fake?? Alot of people have taken the best of two or more brands and spliced them together to make a better machine. On the street side a great variety of motors have been dropped into or shoehorned into Norton chassis', so you get Tritons, Vintons, and yes even a HDton, among a long list of others. So the idea that it's been done with a great consistency with dirt bikes shouldn't be a surprize.

OUCWBOY

Although I have never seen one in person, I have heard stories of guy putting 125 Honda engines in the Penton Chassis back in the mid 70's. I am not 100% sure of this, but maybe it was Donnie Elmer of FMF fame that might have built the 1st one!?!?!?!

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

VICTOR MONZ

I must have a say in the Pentaha discussion....my best friend built it and it is a beautiful machine.

I have seen Pendha's out here in So. Cal...and if your up against one riding a Penton with a SACHS motor...don't miss a gear it will fly by and you'll struggle to catch up!

Of course with my best friend adjusting my SACH's....I don't miss too many gears, mostly operator malfunctions.

Victor Monz

sixdazed

I think Donnie Emler or Dave Miller of FMF,DMC fame built the first Penda.My buddy Nick Barrick has had at least 2 Pendas and they are neat.He has one with a way built xl 125 4 stroke in one now and it's his favorite bike.So,to each his own.It's a testimate to the handling of the cmf frame that so many different motors have found their way into these frames.
                                  Ric

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50
Most in progress..                      so many projects-so little time...

thrownchain

How about posting a few pics of these hybrids?? Make an interesting addition to the site.

Mick Milakovic

Along the hybrid discussion:  there's a great article in this month's AMA magazine about Dick Mann running a Matchless motor in an AJS frame for road races and then taking the motor out and putting it into a BSA frame for TT races!  He won the Grand National title in 1963, I think, doing that.  

I'm also building a hybrid:  I call it a Pentonda, but it's nothing more than an XL100 Honda with all the lights and brackets cut off, with a Penton seat cover, fenders, and Berkshire paint job.  I'm on your side Larry, build another one! [8D]

Mick

thrownchain

Wouldn't a Pentonda be a Honda motor in a Penton chassis??
How do they classify that? Motor first then chassis?? So a Honda motor in a Penton chassis would be a Honton? or would it be a Pentda?
Not that it makes any difference as long as your riding it. Still would like to see pics, Just like the Puch powered Penton at Mid Ohio, not something you see everyday, but kinda neet to look at.[^]

Big Mac

A couple different guys here in the Pac NW run Pen-Da's using the XL125 motor. Fast guy and former pro flat-tracker Randy Skiver ran one a couple years back and was smoking everyone in the class.

Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR
Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR