Mid-ohio 2007

Started by ksithumper, September 27, 2006, 01:49:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ksithumper

Can anyone tell me the dates of the 2007 AHRMA vintage motorcycle days event? Planning a trip and need to book early! Thanks.

thrownchain

July 27 - 29 '07. I want to put out a challange, let's see how many Pentons we can get to M/O.

vmxracer

You can bet I will be there. I turn 16 in Feb. and I can legally race vintage mx. I will have a 175 Jack Piner. It is going to be a nice bike! I have been going to M/O for five years now. The POG dinner is always a great one to go to as well. John's birthday was set up well for him a few years ago! My Penton, will have a Black tank, white fenders, Pink tank race stripes...cause I'm a girl. Not too girly though, because, I LOVE MY PENTON!!

Ambr Milakovic
Ambr Milakovic
\\"Black Beauty\\"

thrownchain

Welcome.  How about some pics of your bike??
 I'll be there to cheer you on. I'll be there with my bikes, but I don't race. I'll save some space in my tent if you want to display your bike while not racing.

Lew Mayer

Would this be one of Mick Milakovic's daughters? Welcome to the board and Good Luck in your racing.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

vmxracer

Thanks for the feed back. And yes I am one of Mick Milakovic's daughter's. As you can see the Penton racing just runs in my blood! The bike is incomplete at the time, and will be ready for me when I turn 16! What a sweet one that'll be! I'll post the finishing product of the bike. Oh, I will definitely be trying to go for prettiest bike award... watch out Toni Roach!!Just kidding, Toni, You're my race HERO!! Thanks Again.

Ambr Milakovic
Ambr Milakovic
\\"Black Beauty\\"

Gary Roach

Dear vmxracer-
WOW! What a cool post! I have been working waaaay too many hours the past couple of weeks..had to cancel our trip to Barber Museum and Nat'l VMX we had planned due to work, even been too tired to get on the POG site. You start to feel pretty down when you don't get your "POG fix". Was feeling really bad about a promise I had made to Paul Danik and Ted Guthrie that I would have a story ready for the next issue of Still...Keeping Track about the '06 VMX races we went to and I haven't even started that yet (don't give up on me guys, still going to try). Anyhow, just wishing I had the time to give something back to POG and to the sport that gives me so much...and then this morning after working a 13hr shift, I came home and Gary had printed out your post and left it on the kitchen table. As I started reading it, I was thinking how neat it was that there was a new and young rider jazzed about vintage racing. When I read on and saw it was a girl on a Penton-I was really thrilled. Then I got to the part where you mentioned me, and lets just say, all my blues went away. Thanks so very much!! The very thought that I might have helped in some very small part influence or contribute to your enthusiasm about racing your Penton made me light-up inside. I can not even put into words what I felt. I can't wait to see your Jackpiner, it sounds really great, and I know how you feel..I'll bet it will be the 2nd best looking bike at the races!! :DSorry about that, but I am pretty partial to my "yeller" one. I can't wait to have another lady Penton racer on the track-very awesome. Thanks again for your post...I'll be cheering for you the whole way...

Toni Roach

vmxracer

Toni, you really do encourage my racing!! I thought about the idea of me being on the same track as you racing, when I talked with my Dad, and I said," I don't want to race her and get my butt kicked!" He then told me you are in a more experienced class. There was a huge sigh of relief here! I am glad that I was able to get rid of your blues, when I read your post, it made me laugh! I have a torn ligament in one of my fingers right now, and it hurts a lot, when I started to laugh, the pain was gone! Also, the thought of racing in the 2006 season made me really happy.  :DSee you next year! Oh, I'm not sure if you remember this, a couple of summers ago, in New York, I got your signature on a shirt. Well, I still have it, and would like to take you up on an updated signature!!

Ambr Milakovic
Ambr Milakovic
\\"Black Beauty\\"

OhioTed

I also wish to extend a great big ol' WELCOME to Ambr!  It is so very exciting to hear of a young person being involved with vintage bikes in general and the Penton Owners Group in particular.  Young folks are great for the sport.  Reb and I will be looking for you on the track (we'll be the ones yelling and cheering, and generally embarrassing you - parent-type people tend to do that, you know).  Good luck!  

Speedy

Quotequote:Originally posted by vmxracer

Toni, you really do encourage my racing!! I thought about the idea of me being on the same track as you racing, when I talked with my Dad, and I said," I don't want to race her and get my butt kicked!" He then told me you are in a more experienced class. There was a huge sigh of relief here! I am glad that I was able to get rid of your blues, when I read your post, it made me laugh! I have a torn ligament in one of my fingers right now, and it hurts a lot, when I started to laugh, the pain was gone! Also, the thought of racing in the 2006 season made me really happy.  :DSee you next year! Oh, I'm not sure if you remember this, a couple of summers ago, in New York, I got your signature on a shirt. Well, I still have it, and would like to take you up on an updated signature!!

Ambr Milakovic

Hmmmm,...Ambr,....I also will sign your T-shirt,...
And then  (at the race)I will scream AMBR go,go,go,...and then you will scream,..SPEEDY,..go,go,go,...(I hope so)

Helmut Clasen KTM
162 Hillcrest Ave
L9H 4Y3
Dundas Ontario Canada
Ph.905-627-5349
[email protected]
http://speedy_c.tripod.com
2 x Sachs MC-GS 250-7A
1 x Hercules 350-7A 77
2 x Hercules 250-7A 76
2 x Hercules 250-7A 77
Zuendapp 125 GS 72-73

G Ellis

Ambr... I quess your dad and I will have to rebuild your motor this winter. Maybe I can do some magic on the motor so you will be able to pass your dad.:D:D Later Gary Ellis

slvrbrdfxr

Hi All,
Can someone please verify the 2007 VMD dates so I can be sure to schedule it correctly. The earlier post says July 27-29, 2007 for VMD. The December 2006 issue of the AMA magazine(American Motorcyclist) shows the dates as July 13-15, 2007. Who's right ?? Any help would be greatly appreciated !! Thanks !!
Dave McCullough

Paul Danik

Dave,

Below is a copy of the message sent out by Will Stoner who is with the AMA and pretty much runs VMD, I just checked the AMA website and the dates listed below are also listed on their website as the dates for next years VMD.

Paul

AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days will be held July 27-29, 2007 at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in Lexington, Ohio. The Marque of the Year and Grand Marshal selections for the sixteenth edition of VMD have not been finalized.

Will

slvrbrdfxr

Paul,
Thanks for the quick reply and answer to my question. A big sigh of relief from me because I just finished picking my 2007 vacation at work for the end of July. Really threw me for a loop when I saw the dates posted in the AMA magazine. Thought the July 27-29, 2007 dates were correct but figured I better seek some reassurance. Thanks again and already looking forward to the trip. Take care.
Dave McCullough

P.S. Got the cases split on the Jackpiner a few days ago. A broken shift quadrant is what caused my DNF at the RR. Should have it back together pretty quickly and will most likely ride the JP again next year at New Blaine.

vmxracer

Oh my gosh! Yeah! I would love to have your signature! It would be awesome to have your name on one of my shirts! Oh, and thank you Reb. I actually think I met you at Ohio a couple of years ago. My dad was editing your videos for a while. Well, you all know I will be out there racing so I'll seen all of you not too soon!

Ambr Milakovic
Ambr Milakovic
\\"Black Beauty\\"