Need Head and rings for 125

Started by Dave H., September 21, 2001, 05:07:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave H.

Needed: a head for '70-'74 six day 125
needed: rings, wristpin for Wiseco .060 (55.5mm)

[email protected]

i have a head in good shape i want 40  plus shipping thanks jack

Steve Minor

Try Berry Higgins at H&H in Douglasville, GA.
He's on the parts link on this site.

Or try Al.....he's also on the parts link is amazing for finding parts.

Steve Minor

Dave H.

Thanks guys. I found a head. Still need rings and wristpin for Wiseco.
Dave H.

Gavin Housh

Dave, I found rings for an old wiseco piston by calling Steve at Wiseco (404) 951-6600 ext.104 and asking where I could find rings for a 168 series piston. The 168 series pistons were notorious for siezing. My boring man told me he used to refuse to bore cylinders for people that brought in Wiseco pistons. He also told me that if you did use one that you hade to bore the cylinder with more clearance than with a Mahle or Elco piston. Standard piston to cylinder clerance is .0015-.002in. I raced a 168 series Wiseco piston for a season with no problems. It was bored with .005in. clearance. The end gap on the Wiseco piston rings is considerably larger than on the stock rings. Stock end gap is .003in. The Wiseco rings will be around .010-.012in. Don't worry about it just run em. Good luck. P.S. Wiseco is making modern pistons that are a superior product, and although they aren't available for Pentons I wouldn't hesitate to buy one. When we do run out of NOS pistons I have a feeling that we'll be running modern Wiseco pistons. They have already made them for Maico and Cz vintage enthusiasts.

grandpaul

Please don't take this as 'bashing', it's not my intention; doesn't (didn't) Weisco make the pistons for the Harley (Evo?) that had seizing problems?

As ever, always follow manufacturer's instructions for tolerances when you re-bore cylinders. I found out the hard way on my '67 Triumph that the old Trumpets also use MUCH greater tolerances on the old Hepolite pistons than what is standard and customary for typical Japanese bikes.

GrandPaul,
Host of the Vintage Bikes forum at //www.delphi.com/oldbikes and the Triumph Bonnevilles Forum at //www.delphi.com/grandpaul
GrandPaul,
Host of the Vintage Bikes forum at http://forums.delphiforums.com/oldbikes and the Triumph Bonnevilles Forum at http://forums.delphiforums.com/grandpaul

Larry Perkins

The Wiseco pistons work fine in the Sachs and KTM motors.  They did make cast and forged pistons for the 100 and 125 Sachs with the forged being the best.  The Wiseco piston needs to be set up a little looser than the original Sachs pistons.  

I have several hundred NOS pistons for the Sachs 100 and 125.  Some are Wiseco but the majority are Sachs.  I also have a decent anount of Wiseco rings and a GOB of Sachs rings.  Info in case anyone is in need and of course I always need money.  There is a Penton for sale somewhere.

john durrill

Larry,
How are you fixed for 175 Pistons and rings?
My son just won on E-bay and should hve the bike with in a week.
Thanks ,
John D.

Dave H.

Larry,
if you have the rings I seek, (at the top of this thread) I'd sure like to buy them.
also,
Did you ever send me that magneto you talked about awhile ago?